Biggest Loser Fails to Show the Full Picture

Ruth E H.
on 5/25/11 7:53 am - Renfrew, Canada
So I watch the finale last night all geared up to see this gal from last year named Shea.  She was offered $1,000 for every lb. she lost since last year's finale.  Subway was going to pay her.  I was so interested in seeing her and how well she had done.

No Shea.  No mention of her whatsoever.  I guess we can only assume she did not do well.  Why does Biggest Loser not even mention her?  Why?  Because she was not a success?

Same with Rueben (I think that was his name).  He left on his own near the end of this season due to personal reasons.  Maybe I am wrong, but I still figured he would be at the finale?  No mention of him either.

Anyway......I was especially disappointed not to hear even a mention about Shea.  I am sorry she did not do well, shouldn't we, as viewer's, be made aware of what happened?

Their great dr. certainly doesn't hesitate to put down wls!

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 8:23 am, edited 5/25/11 8:24 am - Toronto, Canada
She wasnt mentioned last season either and I was anxious to find out how well she did. 

Rulon wasnt expected at the finale, I dont think.  He didnt leave on the best of terms from what I understand and it wasnt really his decision to leave the ranch.

This'll be my last season watching the show.  I dont like the contestants lately and Im not impressed with who they got to replace Jillian.  

Your subject line says it all.....the show fails to show the full picture.  

I'm not surprised the Dr. puts down WLS.  A lot of contestants and applicants on the show have had WLS and havent been successful at keeping the weight off.  I had a conversation not too long ago with Paul Plakas from X-Weighted and he said the same thing about people on that show - a majority of them have had WLS but he did admit that the reason they're on the show is because they didnt learn anything and reverted back to old habits. His advice to me was to learn as much as I can and make as many changes as I could now before surgery to be successful.
DebbieT1961
on 5/25/11 9:28 am - Canada
I had forgotten about Shea. I wasn't too pleased about Biggest Loser this year. You can almost predict who is going to win by the amount of attention that person gets.
runjoeyrun16
on 5/25/11 10:55 am
this was season 11 of the biggest loser.
shay was on season 8. she came back to the season 9 finale and had lost 52 pounds in the subway challenge (so she won $52,000)
as for rulon, he quit the show on his own terms. i'm not surprised that he wasn't at the finale.
August 20th, 2009 - Referral for WLS from family doctor
May 17th, 2010 - Orientation at Windsor Hospital
May 26th, 2010 - Appointment with nurse and SW
June 1st, 2010 - Appointment with NUT and doctor
August 31st, 2010 - Follow up with SW, NUT and doctor
October 7th, 2010 - Surgical Education Class
November 2nd, 2010 - Consultation with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong
December 21st, 2010 - SURGERY DAY!
Ruth E H.
on 5/25/11 12:20 pm - Renfrew, Canada
OMG - I thought it was just last year Shea was on.......I must have been hidden away in a box for 2 years.....scary.....

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 12:31 pm - Toronto, Canada
At the Season 9 finale, Subway offered her money & she was supposed to train with Jared for something - a marathon or triathlon. Nothing was ever said about it after that though.
Ruth E H.
on 5/25/11 12:38 pm - Renfrew, Canada
Wow, I can't believe I don't remember any of that........and I am sure I haven't missed a finale - maybe the ole memory needs some sharpening!  lol

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 12:53 pm - Toronto, Canada
Season 9 is the only one I clearly remember & that's only because I'm friends with one of the contestants. Ask me anything about season 10 and I'm at a loss! Lol!
Most Active
Recent Topics