1 month down

Karen T.
on 6/24/11 10:34 pm, edited 6/24/11 10:38 pm - Canada
Went for my 1 month check up yesterday and all is well. I am doing well except for my right side still has pain. She felt that it's the muscles they just haven't healed as well as the left side yet but reassured me that they will very soon. She said that it really takes 6 weeks for full recovery. I am also having trouble drinking ice cold water so I asked if that was normal, "everyone is different" was my answer which I knew that would be the answer. I love icy cold water. She also told my to drink milk if I am having trouble getting protein powder in. I have been so lucky my recovery has gone well. I was sitting in the waiting room at TWH and I was talking with 3 other ladies all at different stages of their journey. It was very eye opening.

I forgot to tell you all, I have lost 45 pounds so far and my BMI is now 42 it was 49 and a half. YEAH!!!!!

Tanya T.
on 6/24/11 10:36 pm
Glad to hear everything is going so well Karen. Keep up the great work!!

Tanya

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 10:42 pm - Canada
Hi Karen....sounds like a very positive follow up visit.
As for drinking ice cold water, I still have trouble tolerating cold fluids especially water. My pouch aches if I take something too cold. It's like brain freeze but in my pouch...lol
I have adapted and drink more warm or room temperature fliuds. I think if you sip your fliuds very slowly that might help. Remember your pouch is still healing!
I still occastionally drink a little too fast and get uncomforatable....I guess the rules are there for a reason....lol
Wishing you continued success.
Joy
Karen T.
on 6/24/11 10:59 pm - Canada
Thanks Joy  I do feel uncomfortable alot with my pouch I guess that is why.  Thanks for your advice.

Monica M.
on 6/24/11 10:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
that's great, Karen! keep it up!

sam1am
on 6/24/11 11:29 pm
 Great job Karen and impressive loss!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

(deactivated member)
on 6/24/11 11:37 pm - Toronto, Canada
 just curious, what was "eye opening" about your conversation with the 3 ladies in the waiting room? 
Karen T.
on 6/24/11 11:50 pm - Canada
Just their experiences along the way.  Each of them had problems with eating and their pouches in different ways.  It just reinforced for me that everyone is different in what they can handle in their pouch.  A couple of them had serious problems during/after their surgery as well and made me grateful that I am doing so well.

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/11 12:04 am - Toronto, Canada
 It's great to be one of the lucky ones!
Quinns_mommy
on 6/25/11 2:53 am

You've done so well! WTG!

My angels are sam1am and Joyce J. :)  
Most Active
Recent Topics