Hello again. :)

Jonathin
on 7/7/11 10:50 pm, edited 7/7/11 10:51 pm - Ottawa, Canada

It's been a while. I've missed so many of you. I do have some news...  

I have a surgery date!   

My surgery is on August 3rd and will be starting Optifast this Wednesday.   

I kicked in the liquid diet a few weeks early, have been doing a mixed diet with Slimfast. I probably won't feel this way on the morning of the surgery, but truly believe I'm as prepared as I can be.  

Honestly, I've been so busy with other things, the date sort of crept up and it still hasn't truly sunk in. The closest it'**** was on the day we received the call:  

My daughter said sadly, "Daddy, I don't want you to have surgery." 
"Why not, baby? We've both been waiting a long time for this." 
She replied poignantly, "Because I love how you look now."  

We've been good, really good. Aya's been wonderful, she's finally on summer break so I get a bit of a break. She was a star student, starred in the leading role in a school play, and my house has seemingly become neighborhood playdate central.  

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Summer!

GP / Paperwork: Dec 2009    Referral: Apr 15, 2010   Received Letter: Feb 1, 2011
Info Session: Feb 4, 2011   Nurse Appt: Mar 7, 2011  Diet/Nut Appt: Mar 29, 2011
Pulmonary Test: Apr 1, 2011
CPAP Appt: May 17, 2011  Surgery Class: Jun 8, 2011  
Meet Surgeon: Jun 9, 2011   Pre-Op Mtg: Jul 11, 2011 Start Optifast: Jul 13, 2011
Surgery Date #1: Aug 3, 2011 (cancelled Jul 19)      Endoscopy: Sep 9, 2011
Start Optifast #2: Sep 14, 2011                      Surgery Date #2: Oct 5, 2011
Lil-Stinker
on 7/7/11 10:52 pm
awww thats such a wonderful and sweet thing for her to feel. You must be very proud of her.. I can feel it in the way you write. She's so cute :-). Congrats on your date finally!!!!!! Whoohoo!! You're on your way :-)
Referral sent on 26 Feb 2010 - Sleep Study on 28 May 2010 - Info session at WMC on 14 Jan 11- Appt with the APN (nurse) on 27 Jan 11 - Dietician and Behaviorist appts on Feb 24. WLS Class 6th April 2011 - Surgeon appt 3 May 2011 Dr Yelle - Surgery June 6th          
Jonathin
on 7/18/11 12:35 am - Ottawa, Canada

Thankfully! I'm following in some wonderful footsteps! :)  How are ya doin'?

Very proud of her, every single day.

Monica M.
on 7/7/11 10:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
That is so awesome!!! i'll be thinking of you

My friends daughter said the same kind of thing, that she missed her snuggly mommy. She'll love you no matter what you look like, Jonathin!

You rock. I'm so happy for you!

Jonathin
on 7/18/11 12:36 am - Ottawa, Canada

Yeah, she said it again yesterday too. She said she loves me how I am while she was snuggling up with me. I think she's just afraid because I've been preparing her for what's going to happen during and after surgery. 

Thank you so much Monica!
Typoqueen
on 7/7/11 11:13 pm
Hey there!!.

Finally!!!What great news.
We are only about a week apart soo we get to sit on that bench together!!woohoo!!

Congratulations on getting your date and btw your daughter is a cutie!!

Kelly

Jonathin
on 7/18/11 12:37 am - Ottawa, Canada

That's AWESOME! You're only a week out, so exciting!! I'm so glad they were able to finally book you. Save me a spot on that bench, Kelly. :)

Terry45
on 7/7/11 11:15 pm

I burst into tears of joy at this news! How wonderful the time has finally come. We expect many updates and a visit to our support group pre and post surgery.

God Bless you and Aya...so great to hear you are moving forward with your journey !

cheers

Terry45

Jonathin
on 7/18/11 12:39 am - Ottawa, Canada

Aww thank you so much Terry. We both send you lots of hugs. I'm a week into Optifast and things are going "mostly" smoothly, maybe a bit too much. haha

Hope to see you soon!!

ericaFG
on 7/7/11 11:15 pm - Cambridge, Canada
Congrats!

Don't worry - she'll change her mind.  When you're this dad:

1) roller coaster riding dad
2) hiking dad
3) frolliking in the splash pad dad
4) "my teenage friends like you're kinda hot for an old guy" dad
5) bike-riding dad
6) "Sure you can share my pizza!" dad (as opposed to "I hide all the good stuff for me" dad

Good luck with Optifast!
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics