food diary/journal

longjourney23
on 7/22/11 9:45 am
hey all, i was wondering if any of you have an example of your post op diary/journal that you use for tracking your exervcise and food.
thanks,

Rhonda
sam1am
on 7/22/11 10:22 am
 I use myfitnesspal.com and love it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

magpie4495
on 7/22/11 10:23 am - Canada
Hey there - I'm pre-op but I use www.myfitnesspal.com and really like it.  It has a lot of foods and prepopulated info.  You can easily add your own info too.  Also, it will generate a report across time so you can see how you are doing total calories in and calories burned.
HW: 260lbs  Pre-Optifast: 257lbs  SW: 242lbs  Happy: 150lbs SG: tbd 

Referral: January 2011, Orientation: July 8/11, Nut/Behav: Aug 22/11 Education Class: Nov 2/11 
Surgeon Appt: Nov 1/11, Surgery: Dec 5     

Crackintoes
on 7/22/11 10:27 am - Canada
I use the Nutrition Tracker here on OH.
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

Moselle
on 7/22/11 10:29 pm - Athens, Canada
The Ottawa centre included food journal sheets in our booklet - I can scan one on Monday and send it to you if you would like just let me know.  I also use myfitnesspal because it's easier to track and provides the calories, protein breakdown and you can customize it to suit your needs.  It's also easy to access from anywhere.

Good luck on your journey.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Monica M.
on 7/22/11 10:46 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
i use livestrong.com myplate, i find it an excellent way to track things. i was never too successful at doing it with pen and paper. I has an app for my blackberry too, so i can do things on the go.

less_of_me
on 7/22/11 11:06 pm - Ottawa, Canada
I like Sparkpeople.com.  It has a lot of information.

Betty Jo L.
on 7/23/11 2:21 am
Hi there,

Like many I use MyFitness pal and they also have an ap for Iphones that is free.
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Crackintoes
on 7/23/11 2:42 am, edited 7/23/11 2:42 am - Canada
Just a head's up...

If you go to MyFitnessPal and type in Quizno's Chili, you'll get 15 different sets of values for the same thing. The Food Tracker here on OH is the same. I suspect they all are.

I've ended up entering most of my own foods/values and adding them as Favourites to make sure my figures are actually working for my figure. It's one of the advantages of often eating the same stuff over and over.

Cheers
~Just another day for you and me in paradise. 

Most Active
Recent Topics