Jerk question?

Mike Terry
on 7/26/11 1:23 am - Staffa, Canada
     I almost feel like a jerk asking this question, but here goes. What do I do if I want to stop losing weight and/or gain a "couple" back? I have been on the last phase of my diet for a long time now, I was put on it by my bariatric team a long time ago because where I was with my weight loss and exercise. I follow it extensively and I exercise 4 days a week a hour or two, nothing excessive.

I have lost 60 pounds since being on the maintenance diet, 15 of that since I met my surgeon's goal weight. I definitely get all of my meals in, and if I err on my food weighing It usually is a gram or two above what I'm suppose to have.

I'm 8 months out and have not had my 6 month surgeon's follow up because my date keeps getting pushed back due to my surgeon's mother being ill and passing. I have my Nut/nurse appointment next week. I was hoping to get some feedback and maybe some thought on how I might approach this subject with them.

sam1am
on 7/26/11 2:20 am
Hey Mike, I bet you never thought this would be a problem eh?  I'm no expert, but I keep hearing to add in healthy fats such as nuts and avacado's.  Do you know how many calories you are taking in now?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Mike Terry
on 7/26/11 2:42 am - Staffa, Canada
  Yes, I definitely didn't anticipate this "problem" lol. I do not count calories, but I do have a lot of healthy fats in my diet. I have a hand full of almonds more times than not for my snack, and I also have guacamole when I can get a hold of it, ha ha. I love a product called Wholly Guacamole, but it goes bad pretty much right after you open it, and I'm the only one that eats it in my household.

Karen M.
on 7/26/11 4:50 am - Mississauga, Canada
I think your questions are best addressed by your dietician.  Perhaps tracking your food intake for a week, prior to your appointment, would be helpful for her (and you) to see where adjustments can be made.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Mike Terry
on 7/26/11 6:13 am - Staffa, Canada
  Thankyou for this suggestion, I can bring a food journal with me, but I have always been a letter of the law eater when it comes to the diet I was given.

Karen M.
on 7/26/11 6:22 am - Mississauga, Canada
Yeah, me too.  And never cease to be amazed at things in my food journal that I wasn't totally cognizant of lol  Wouldn't hurt anyway.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Nathalie_Can
on 7/26/11 2:45 am
Hi Mike,

I just wanted to say...amazing!  What an accomplishment!  I was just a little under your start weight when I started too and can't wait to reach my goal like you have!

Great job, you are part of the inspiration I find in everyone on here!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

runjoeyrun16
on 7/26/11 8:47 am
JERK!

August 20th, 2009 - Referral for WLS from family doctor
May 17th, 2010 - Orientation at Windsor Hospital
May 26th, 2010 - Appointment with nurse and SW
June 1st, 2010 - Appointment with NUT and doctor
August 31st, 2010 - Follow up with SW, NUT and doctor
October 7th, 2010 - Surgical Education Class
November 2nd, 2010 - Consultation with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong
December 21st, 2010 - SURGERY DAY!
Mike Terry
on 7/26/11 11:28 am - Staffa, Canada
  Ha ha!! I still laugh thinking about your reply to my post where I outed myself as a nerd, expected nothing less for when I outed myself as a jerk too!! Now excuse me, I got to go cuss out my 4 year old for getting my comic book collection out of chronological order!

izzyw13
on 7/26/11 9:55 am - Mississauga Ontario, Canada
Hello Mike,
I would hold  off on trying to put on a bit of weight you are too early for that ..
Have you heard of the 10% regain??  I had it after  a year and a have out..I gained about 12 lbs back which is ok, would do this again in a heart beat..
Good luck

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics