question for the vets re pain in pouch

Lisa_Toronto
on 8/1/11 2:16 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi folks.  I'm over 8 months out and could eat just about everything, but I seem to be tolerating fewer types of foods as time goes on.  I eat a few bites and get that awful full pouch feeling and then pain for up to an hour, sometimes with barfing.

I've tried to figure out what foods, and what they might have in common.  It seems like all chunks of meat (chicken, beef, pork) breads, and anything that is at all greasy (e.g. stew, thin crust pizza slice). 

So I keep going back to protein supplements, greek yogourt, cottage cheese and coffee ;-)  I actually wouldn't mind living on those forever but I know I need more real protein.

My biggest concern is that it's an ulcer.

Any thoughts?

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Karen M.
on 8/1/11 2:53 am - Mississauga, Canada
Hmm.. not sure Lisa, sorry.  Meats can be difficult, but seeing as you're 8 months out and have been eating them previously, it shouldn't suddenly be a problem.  As for greasy - do you still have your gall bladder?

I'd get checked out to rule out an ulcer.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

balou
on 8/1/11 3:32 am - toronto, Canada
hi Lisa . i would agree with Karen , if you could eat certain foods before and now there giving you  a problem ,i would chech with your surgeon , it might be that your pouch doesnt like greasy things or you might have the beginning of something more serious ,  i hope its just a sensitive pouch

anna

Marny B.
on 8/1/11 8:09 am - Canada
Lisa...OMG, I am going through the same thing.  It started to get bad while I was on vacation in the middle of nowhere on Lake Superior, camping with my family.  There was nothing I could do then, but right away this morning when I got up, I left a message for the clinic to book me for an appointment.

I have pain in my left side just under my breast, under my ribcage.  It isn't severe, but very uncomfortable.  It is more pronounced when I eat something, and I find now that most foods I eat, I can't have very much of at all before I feel pain and nausea.  I get really bloated in the top part of my stomach and also have a ton of gas (TMI- sorry).  This morning, before I even put a piece of food in my mouth, I had an episode of what felt just like dumping (extreme sweating- like dripping off my face, chills, and the trots)....weird. 

I am starting to get worried, so I thought "better safe than sorry" and put in the call- quite dissapointed that it was a holiday today because I really wanted to talk to someone.  I hope they will get me in quickly.  Good luck finding out what is going on with you.  Hope you feel better soon.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

freakiechick10
on 8/1/11 10:07 am
I had the same trouble.................mine was easliy solved, I wasn't as careful, eatting to fast and not chewing enough, it seemed as I was further out I wasn't as careful and my pouch let me know it.  Is this a possiblity? Just an idea, hopfully it is something minor.

Take Care of You
Freakie

Freakie        
Lisa_Toronto
on 8/1/11 12:55 pm - Toronto, Canada
I think Freakie has it.  I read her post and then realized that I'm probably not chewing becuase of my (endless) toothache.  Seriously, it's been weeks.  I was back to soft foods for quite a while and now even though I'm trying solids again, I'm not really chewing.  I'll try being really conscious of chewing - if it continues anyway, I'll call the surgeon.  Thanks my friends!

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Most Active
Recent Topics