Ok - so maybe I can't add?

Ruth E H.
on 8/2/11 12:22 am - Renfrew, Canada
I got an email from OH today stating some changes they are making to their magazine.  I have paid in advance for 3 years, or 5 years?  Can't remember.  Whatever the max is that you can do.  Here is a paragraph from the email: 

In an effort to support this ongoing transition, we will be allocating our resources as necessary. The launch of our digital copy of the magazine requires us to make a few changes. As of this issue of OH Magazine, we will transition to a quarterly print publication. (Instead of bi-monthly.) This transition will allow us to better serve the bariatric community, our ObesityHelp.com members, and our dedicated readers. As a subscriber, you will receive the number of copies that you paid for, therefore, this transition will not affect you financially.

Doesn't quarterly give you 4 copies a year and bimonthly gives you 6?  Their email states the changes = the same number of copies.....I am baffled.....

Thanks,

Ruth

Karen M.
on 8/2/11 12:27 am - Mississauga, Canada
I *think* they mean that they will honour the total number of issues you will receive, even though they've decreased the number per year, if that makes any sense.  So, if you were to receive 12 over 2 years, you will still receive 12, just over 3 years instead.

I think.

lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Ruth E H.
on 8/2/11 12:35 am - Renfrew, Canada
I think I will drop them a line and find out for sure - odd .....

Joyce J.
on 8/2/11 12:27 am - Scarborough, Canada
HI Ruth,

I got that e-mail as well. Bimonthly would be twice a month, maybe it means something different in the US.............. hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Good point, I hadn't really read it clearly myself LOL

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Ruth E H.
on 8/2/11 12:39 am - Renfrew, Canada
Hi Joyce - I have always found "bi-monthly" to be very confusing.....does it mean twice a month or does it mean every 2 months - so I googled it   :)

I am gonna fire them off an email and ask cause bimonthly does not add up to one per quarter.

R

Does 'bimonthly' mean 'twice a month' or 'every two months'?

Unfortunately it means both! In the publishing industry, though, it's used fairly consistently to mean 'every two months', so that a bimonthly magazine is generally one that's issued every two months. The same ambiguity affects biweekly and biyearly. If you want to be absolutely clear, it's best to use a phrase such as 'twice a week' or 'every two years'.

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/2/11 12:58 am - Windsor, Canada
Same number means the same number. If u ordered 6 issues you will still get six issues. They will just come out less frequently. U will still get the same number of issues

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

cynci
on 8/2/11 11:23 am - Canada
Bi-monthly means every two months.  Bi-weekly is every two weeks.

Is the same term in the US and Canada--just think mortgage payments.  2 payments in the month is bi-weekly.

Most Active
Recent Topics