Excessive Gas!

Allyson A.
on 8/10/11 10:15 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I am 3.5 weeks out post op and suffering from terrible gas pain in my pouch. 
I take Prevacid daily and gas X when needed.  Nothing seems to help.  I put a call in to the clinic and spoke to a nurse and she said " your doing everything right, just take your time and this will ease up" . 

At first I thought maybe it was what I was eating, so I cut out the dairy.  That hasn't helped.  I have been sticking pretty close to the protein and getting in lots.

I am now scared to eat anything because what happens is:  I have a bit of gas, I then take a bite of food and chew, chew, chew and then it feels like my food has then plugged the top part of my pouch and seems like the gas is then trapped and it causes terrible pain that I then cannot seem to move.  At this point I then take another GASX and walk walk walk.  When the pain gets too bad then I drink  big gulps of water to make me throw up so I can relieve the pressure and gas.

I got up this morning and took my prevacid and vitamin D.  I am supposed to wait 30 minutes before I eat.  I haven't eaten yet because I am just full of gas.  It is moving well, but there still seems to be lots and I don't have a clue as to where it is coming from. 

Could my CPAP have anything to do with this.  I believe my pressure it s a little too high since my 53 lb weight loss and they are going to adjust the pressure, but in the mean time could it be forcing too much air in and possibly causing me to fill up with gas?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS.  This doesn't happen all day long, usually once a day.

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

sueberman
on 8/10/11 10:35 pm
I've always been a gassy person, but since surgery it borderlines on embarrassing.  First thing in the morning is absolutely the worse.  I often hear hubby laying there snickering, thank goodness he's used to me. lol  However, I almost never burb anymore so it's gotta go out the other way I guess.  If you're really concerned call the office.
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Allyson A.
on 8/10/11 10:56 pm - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Thanks Sue. 

There is a little gas moving from the basement, but it all seems to be stuck in my pouch and the problem right now is that I sometimes cannot get it to move at all.  Also no amount of belching seems to help it just seems to be a continuous cycle.  The more I belch the more gas there is.

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

nofries4you
on 8/10/11 11:17 pm, edited 8/10/11 11:50 pm - Canada
Hi there Allyson

when things use to get stuck i would get this bad pain between my breast bones or thereabouts......do you think that might be what it is............maybe try some papaya enyzme

http://www.swissherbal.ca/en/productinfo.aspx?id=228

Sue

Moselle
on 8/11/11 1:10 am - Athens, Canada
Congratulations on the weight loss.  I'm sorry to hear that you are stills struggling with this gas problem.  I haven't experienced this problem so unfoturnately I'm not much help! Hopefully the nurse is right and it will desipate on it's own; for your sake I hope it does so quickly.

Tale care/
Most Active
Recent Topics