TWH cancellation list

Tammy G.
on 8/15/11 1:27 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
I am waiting 3 months in between appointments and was wondering if anyone out there that went to TWH can tell me how you knew you were on a cancellation list?

Did you talk to someone there and let them know that you would be interested in being on a cancellation list or did you call and leave a message to let them know you wanted to be on a cancellation list? (if you went this route, did you actually get called for any cancellations? and what information did you leave them on the message...name, phone number, did they call you back to confirm?).  
Did they seemed annoyed that you kept calling them?  Just trying to feel things out to see if I should persue this route.  

Tammy

Tammy 

healthy_4_me
on 8/15/11 1:42 am
I spoke with them each week.  I called to see if there were any cancellations.  They always check for earlier appt.  I did get 2 appts moved up.  They don't keep a cancellation list simply because they are so busy.  I only called once a week and they seemd okay with that they were always pleasant.
Dana    
Tammy G.
on 8/15/11 1:44 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 That's great, thanks so much, I don't want to be a pest either, but worth knowing, 2 appointments is worth calling every week.

Tammy 

MissLove
on 8/15/11 5:16 am - Brampton, Canada
I just got off the phone with them to book my 1 year follow up and had a heck of a time. I felt like I was annoying the receptionist and she was very short with me....I had a bad time last year before surgery getting all of my appts lined up. They were making appts for me that couldn't be found when I showed up and losing my file...if it wasn't for Lorraine who I love and enjoy talking to I probably wouldn't waste my time going back.....

Tammy G.
on 8/15/11 5:41 am - London, Canada
RNY on 01/25/12
 I'd be upset at that too, don't blame you one bit.  Best to double check that appt. for sure!  They obviously had someone on who didn't know how to make appointments.
I did have some success on my call though, I managed to get one appt. moved up for my nurse practitioners appt. so that was worth the call.  They said I could call back in early September and get my social worker one moved up too, as they have a new one starting up at the end of the month!

Tammy