change in complexion after surgery

wanttobeslimtam
on 8/21/11 12:23 pm - sault ste. marie, Canada
I'm curious and want to start searching for skin care items now if need be.  i understand that with great weight loss basically your skin looks different, mainly worrying about face wise and wrinkles and such.  Anybody here gone through this and can advise on something good that could be tried?  I've never really been a face moisturizer person as i've always had oily skin but am starting to notice a difference as i get older and don't want this to speed up the aging process any more than it already has.

referral sent August 2010  orientation May 25 nurse June 30  social/nut Aug 16 

psych/nut aug 23 meet the surgeon sept 9 surgery November 24

stewartjackie
on 8/21/11 12:43 pm - Pickering, Canada
 Interesting, I think because I'm drinking all of my water, and being only 2 weeks post-op my diet is clear fluids only, my skin feels really good and moist. 
I have had other surgeries and my skin didn't feel this good, and that was when I was younger. 
I'd be interested in what other people say about this, as I don't think we can overdo it, do you?
Jackie

wanttobeslimtam
on 8/21/11 12:46 pm - sault ste. marie, Canada
no prolly not but i'm worried that i'll underdo it.  I've never paid much attention to my complexion as i don't trust the commercials after trying a few things and not finding any improvement, in fact most times it just made my skin break out so therefore i never continued on with the regiment.

jdance
on 8/22/11 3:10 am - Canada
I have had more compliments on my skin since having Surgery.
I think it has to do with all the vitamins and water.

but I was worried about wrinkles and sagging turkey neck and my friend Shiloh recommended a product from Avon.
It comes in a purple jar, I can't think of the name  but if you ask any Avon person they will be able to tell you what it is.
It's a night cream and i put a little on before bed, face and neck especially, it really has made a difference. in the day time I use Oil of Olay.

I did go thru a period of looking old but it was the hair colour I think, needed a makeover. I'm real happy with the look I have now (most days).

Fifty and feeling fine.

J

Marny B.
on 8/21/11 1:01 pm - Canada
I  ran into complexion problems after surgery.  I am 8 months out and for a while there it looked like I was a pimply teenager.  I found out that I was vit. A deficient and that played a major part in it.  Now that I have that under control, the acne has all but gone away.  I was talking to the lady at the make-up counter at shoppers, and she reccomended Loreal moistured, pre-moisten facial wipes.  They are great.  I have normal to oily skin, and I find that these leave my face feeling clean and moisturized but not oily.

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Megan M.
on 8/21/11 1:02 pm - Canada
Really, the best thing you can do for your skin is to use sunscreen every single day - starting right now.  I use Neutrogena face sunscreen - about 60 spf, but you can get higher, every day - I use it especially around my eyes.  Hopefully time will show it to be a success.  I've used several different moisturizers, but the one I really liked best is Proactiv Green Tea Moisturizer, then Clinique products.

Having lost nearly 40 pounds, I can see how my face is starting to get a little sad looking, especially under my chin and my neck area.  I guess it depends how long and how badly you've been stretched out - younger skin will always bounce back more readily.  Oh well, looks wasn't the reason I had this surgery, but I hear ya!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

wanttobeslimtam
on 8/21/11 1:04 pm - sault ste. marie, Canada
yeah i'm not a vain person however i have a few wrinkles and i'm hitting 40 later this year so well i want to preserve what i do have for as long as i can.

Megan M.
on 8/21/11 1:09 pm - Canada
I wish I'd started the sunscreen when I was 40, not 50!

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics