Feeling depleted

reneemonique
on 8/23/11 10:40 pm - Canada
I had my surgery on January 29th 2011 and was doing great, loosing at a steady rate. I am down 96lbs which is great. The problem is I haven’t lost a pound in a month. I have tried changing things up in my diet. Adding more fibre, eating more calories, eating less calories.... My protein is at a reasonably high level between 60 and 80 a day... I am looking at myself in the mirror and seeing the person I use to be again. Any suggestions on how to break this plateau... I just keep thinking that my weight loss can’t be done yet, I am not ready for it to be over.  
 One Love ~Renee Monique~        
izzyw13
on 8/23/11 10:42 pm - Mississauga Ontario, Canada
it's not over..It is your body putting the brakes on if you will..it needs time to catch up..hang all will be fine ....you are doing great!

Isobel....
isobelsmall.gif picture by lynnca1972

Diminishing Dawn
on 8/23/11 10:57 pm, edited 8/23/11 10:58 pm - Windsor, Canada
It is frustrating but normal. I plateaued for a month at about 9 or 10 months out. You just have to wait it out more than likely. Check your carb limit just to make sure and bump up protein 10 grams for a few days if you have not. That seems to make a difference sometimes. Carb cycling can work for some people too where for one day you eat quite a bit more (protein and carbs) and then be conservative the next. Other than that just wait it out Hun.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

reneemonique
on 8/23/11 11:56 pm - Canada
Thank you so much, it helps to hear that i am not alone and to get some new suggestions of things to try.
 One Love ~Renee Monique~        
mom4life
on 8/24/11 3:36 am - Port Rowan, Canada
I have been going through the exact same thing.  I have only lost 5 pounds since June and none of that in the last month.  I keep seeing the same pound come and go, it gets frustrating.  I keep hoping I am not done yet too.  I want to see another 15 - 20 pounds go before I am done.  I am willing to wait though (LOL like I have a choice in it anyway).

I am glad you posted this though, you're right it's nice to know that you're not alone and that it's normal.

Lori

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
  but anyone can start today and make a new ending.? ~Maria Robinson

HW:  292 lbs          SW:  226 lbs        Clinic's GW:  160 lbs          My GW: 145 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics