Lactose Intolerance???????

Allyson A.
on 8/26/11 12:32 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I have recently been suffering from a stricture and can currently only handle liquids.  This morning I had my vitamins and a little later a glass of milk.  Within and hour I am bloated and very gassy.  My mouth keeps filling up with saliva and I think if I could only throw up I would feel so much better.

Does this sound like I have become lactose intolerant?????????

HW 318  SW 291 

Bonnie ABC
on 8/26/11 12:38 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with
Not sure, but goats milk is for those having lactose issues.   It's made differently than cows milk, and really can be fed to just about any creature.

Bonnie
promoting the goat!

I can do hard things, life is teaching me that I can.
             Lost 222lbs with rny, 20 lbs regain.

Plastics, July 2010 with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey, Mexico
Sirene
on 8/26/11 12:44 am - Ottawa, Canada
Bonnie: I have heard that not only goat's milk but UNpateurized cow's milk is good for lactose intolerance as its the pasteurization process that kills the enzyme that is needed to process the milk sugars. Do you know anything about that, being the farm girl that you are? ;)
I have never tried goat's milk. Does it taste very different from cow's milk? It's been so long since I've had cow's milk that I dont even know if I would recognize the difference anyways!

I can NOT take the soy milk.....*gag*. Almond milk is ok but little to no protein in it.

Jennifer  

Bonnie ABC
on 8/26/11 1:00 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

From what I understand, it has to do with the size of the fat molecules, or protein from this article.

www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php

I just know it's a heck of a lot easier to digest than cows milk, which is meant for a big animal. Calves born weigh in at 125 lbs and grow quickly.  

You cannot get raw cows milk, or goats milk for that matter anywhere in Ontario.  If found, I could receive a $5,000 fine and lose my stock.  Not exactly what I'd like to be doing.. or not doing.   Goats keep me busy.

Bonnie

Monica M.
on 8/26/11 1:42 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i think you should mail me some cheese. i love goats cheese. i love cheese.. sigh

Bonnie ABC
on 8/26/11 1:54 am - Smiths Falls, Canada
RNY on 09/16/08 with

Come and visit me .. where do you live?

Bonnie

Monica M.
on 8/26/11 3:21 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
midland. A bit west of you. Would you feed me goats milk and cheese if i came to visit you? I would love you forever.

Sirene
on 8/26/11 12:40 am - Ottawa, Canada
I have been lactose intolerant since I was pregnant with my second child, who is now 14. It has gotten worse as I get older. I used to be able to tolerate small amounts but now even putting milk in my coffee is painful.
It starts as a noisy rumbling and very painful gassiness and progresses from there. I once had an iced capp from Timmies not really thinking there would be any 'real' milk in it...I thought I was going to die.

My daughter is also lactose intolerant: she is 8. She ha svery little pain but it gives her diarrhea almost immediately.

I think people experience it differently but it is generally the same symptoms: gas, abdominal/intestinal pain, rapid bowel evacuation.

Whether your stricture plays a role or not though.....thats probably a question for a medical professional.

Good luck to you.

Jennifer  

sueberman
on 8/26/11 1:13 am
wow my intolerance story is almost the same as you - since I was pregnant with baby #2  Jake is 20 and just in the last couple of months complains about he runs when he has cereal with milk, or too much chocolate.  Mine had gotten better over the years and after my surgery I had no problems but it seems like they're slowing returning.  Hard to tell cause I constantly have horrendous gas anyway.

Oh and I drink chocolate soya - to me it's kinda like the chocolate opti, which I didn't mind.  And I've never tried goats milk, guess we should though lol
Sue in Courtice
My angel is Ashleighsmom 

Allyson A.
on 8/26/11 2:03 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I might have to try the goats milk, but first I need to figure out if I am lactose intolerant or not (hence this post).
HW 318  SW 291 

Most Active
Recent Topics