RYN Denial???

kattster
on 8/26/11 2:31 pm
Hey all,

Another silly question I guess, but under what cir****tances will the team at TWH deny you for having WLS???
ericaFG
on 8/26/11 9:19 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I've seen a few reasons for denial

1) you don't meet the criteria (40BMI)
2) serious health problems that would make surgery too difficult
3) drug or alcohol addiction
4) serious and unresolved mental health issues
5) consistent refusal to "work" a pre surgery life change (usually accompanied by significant weight gain)
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

debralight
on 8/26/11 11:34 pm - Canada
You can be denied for tobacco use.. most surgeons won't do surgery until you are 3-6 months smoke free.
Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

Leslie W.
on 8/27/11 11:22 am - Cobourg, Canada
Had my appointment with Psych this past Thursday at TWH. What he told me was that their goal was to work with the individual to ensure success rather than deny. They want people to be a success. That said you need to demonstrate that you are trying to make positive lifestyle changes.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
kattster
on 8/29/11 2:32 pm
Thanks for all the feedback!

I don't know why, but I feel like this process is to good to be true. I guess it's because I am so excited to have been given this life changing opportunity that will affect my life in such a positive way. Did any one else have the same or similar feelings or is it just me??
Most Active
Recent Topics