4 1/2 weeks out and feeling tight

longjourney23
on 9/19/11 9:21 am
hey all,
i was hoping someone could shed some light on my issue. I am 4 1/2 weeks out and today i have been light headed and extrememly tired!!!! i have been getting all my protein and food in no problem but this afternoon, my mid section feels tight. is this weird? or is this a healing tightness?

Thanks all!
Megan M.
on 9/19/11 10:51 am - Canada
I don't think this is weird - I had similar feelings.  In fact, I've been feeling that way for about 2 weeks - seems like no matter now little I put in there, it seems to be too much.  I'm thinking it's the healing process and that it will get better soon.  I can eat soft slippery things no problem, but anything with more substance, like a piece of chicken, gives me a bit of grief every time.  

When I had a couple of mindless tasting episodes when I was baking, I had the lightheaded and tired feeling - was told it was a reaction (mild dumping) to the sugar in the mindless tastes.  Have you possibly done something like that?

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Gwen Boldick
on 9/19/11 7:43 pm - Canada
i feel the same way....i am four and half weeks out to.....i was dizzy all the time and found out my bp was to low...i was also taken off my bp meds also.....i was throwing up alot but that has settle a little....i ate salmon also and it does fill you up fast......i have tried chicken but i had one piece of bacon and one egg and three little hash browns and it stayed down....i have ate some other kinds of meat but very little....i mostly eat soft stuff still.
Derek C.
on 9/19/11 11:33 am - North Bay , Canada
Hi There - im 4 weeks out today and feel the same thing when i get out of the slippery stuff - chili is ok - but chicken or salmon tightens me up for a bit but it eventually goes down - i guess we need to make stuff smaller and more moist for now - keep on trying

Surgery Date - AUGUST 22, 2011 - Ran first 5KM Race - Oct 14, 2012 (28 min)  - Currently maintaining a healthy 190 lbs and training for my first half marathon in the summer of 2013

sam1am
on 9/19/11 12:12 pm
For the lightheadedness, make sure you are well hydrated.  That may help.  Also for me, I had to get off my blood pressure meds pretty quickly my blood pressure went way down very quickly.  If you are on high bp meds, maybe get your bp tested.  As for the tightness, maybe it's healing and you are feeling your restriction more now, but I suppose it could be any number of things.

I hope you feel better soon!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

ericaFG
on 9/19/11 12:17 pm - Cambridge, Canada
I agree - feeling your restriction is a GOOD thing!  If you're not getting sick...just stop eating at this point!  And remember to eat every 2-3 hours so that you get enough calories overall.
Proud Member of the Cambridge Crew!    
HW293/LW147/CW158   Height 5'9"  Working on Maintenance!
Fleur de lis TT and Brachioplasty - Oct. 19, 2010 Breast reduction and scar revision August 2, 2011

longjourney23
on 9/20/11 1:31 am
thanks everyone for your replies! i'm still feeling it a bit today but i'm not eatting anything too heavy today.
gonna remember to keep the bites small....chew chew chew

but on a good note, i'm into my size 18 jeans (and that's rigth out of the dryer) where i was wearing a 22 a month ago :D
Monica M.
on 9/20/11 4:34 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i love how you make the distinction "right out of the dryer" and every one of us knows exactly what you mean.. congrats!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics