How do you celebrate reaching goal?

ima_totalgeek
on 9/28/11 9:51 pm, edited 9/28/11 9:52 pm

Recently I was asked how I was going to celebrate reaching goal (I'm less than 2lbs away) and I was stumped.  Obviously - not going out for dinner.  Perhaps a ring? Watch?  New experience of some sort- like horseback riding?  I want to mark the occasion with something special.

I would love to hear how others are planning to celebrate or how you did .

Cheers!

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 9:57 pm - Canada
I set several goals on my weight loss journey and treated myself accordingly!

100lbs - Facial and day at the spa - yes I'm a dude, but sometimes we need to pamper ourselves.  The facial has helped to keep the skin of my neck toned and tight, so now I have one every month and have avoided the "chicken neck" of loose skin.
200lbs - Roots messenger bag.
Goal Weight - Tattoo to mark the beginning of a new stage in my life.
Monica M.
on 9/28/11 11:12 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
oohhhh..i wanna roots messenger bag... i love love love roots.

(deactivated member)
on 9/29/11 1:16 am - Canada
Linda C.
on 9/29/11 2:47 am, edited 9/29/11 2:48 am
Was just checking out the roots website. They have a new arrival - the monika bag.... it has your name written all over it.....well almost....

http://canada.roots.com/leather_new_arrivals/leatherNewArriv als,default,sc.html

Linda C.

oops... bad clicking... that reply was ment for Monica...
Monica M.
on 9/29/11 3:20 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
ooohh!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 9:59 pm - Canada
When I reach goal, I'm buying a necklace from Birks. Its silver and I fell in love with it the moment I saw it!

I'm close to losing my first 50lbs (only 1lb away!!!) and I'm buying myself a new purse when that happens.
charm64
on 9/28/11 10:47 pm - Cambridge, Canada
My original goal gift was a tattoo.  Well I couldn't wait  so I got one.
I am 17lbs away from the clinics goal and 40lbs away from mine.
I like the facial/spa day treat, I might go with that!

Char

Char
Dr. Reed
VSG May 24/2011

CanDoItFour
on 9/28/11 10:51 pm - Canada
This may sound crazy, but my mini goal victories to date have in fact been still celebrated with our traditional family dinner out.  It's what we've always done for everyone, so it makes me feel "normal"; but now I'm in control of the process and that makes me feel SO STRONG!  I call in advance, and make sure that there is something arranged for me to eat that I like and is portion appropriate,  I even ask for berries for dessert.  I take pleasure in planning what I will wear, and during dinner I focus on the people, the conversation, and the place, rather than the food.  At the end of the evening I walk out tall, and proud of what I've accomplished and that I can manage OK in what were occassionally very difficult situations (oooh, look at what SHE'S eating!).   I really like the idea of something tangible as a momento for the big Goal, but I think I'll still throw dinner in too!

Congrats by the way!!!
Claire
HW 348
CW 203 
Monica M.
on 9/28/11 10:57 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
imma get a tattoo....

Most Active
Recent Topics