8 weeks out and feeling super drained!!

longjourney23
on 10/20/11 12:46 am
hey all....I am 8 weeks post op and this week I have felt extremely tired and drained!!! I have an appointment with the doctor very shortly but I was just wondering if this is my body's way of dealing with the rapid weight loss? and returning to work.
Monica M.
on 10/20/11 1:15 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
This surgery is a hell of an impact on your system. REturning to work (even if you don't have a really hard job) is an adjustment.

Have you had labwork done lately? I'd be interested in knowing what your iron, b12 levels are, etc. Make sure you get lots of sleep, and conversely, make sure you're getting some exercise, even tho you're feeilgn tired. Exercise wlll boost yoru metabolism, and give you more energy.

Mon

Donnaslifepart2
on 10/20/11 4:11 am - Canada
I too felt numbingly tired between 2 months and say 3 1/2 - 4 months out.  It was all I could do to get through the day.

Barring anything really "wrong" with you, it will pass as you recover and as your intake slowly increases.  Plus, you'll have less weight to cart around with you.

Hang in there, it gets better.
Karen W.
on 10/20/11 7:33 am - Canada
I was exhausted for a long time after surgery.  I went back to work after 8 weeks and had to nap at lunch time for a couple of weeks.  I really only started to get my energy back once I was able to take in about 700-800 calories/day.  Your body is healing from major surgery; don't worry, you will eventually be less tired.  BTW, I had my 6 month follow-up appt today and was reminded by the APN that my insides are still healing and it may take a while longer to feel 100%.

RNY April 11, 2011       

longjourney23
on 10/20/11 10:51 am
thanks everyone for your info....i go for blood work in 2 weeks. hope it is all good!
love that i can find out that i am normal with the info and advice of you great people :)
sarahs_new_life
on 10/24/11 7:03 am
I dragged my butt for about 3 months.  I went back to work after 2 weeks and was dying, but I did it.  Since I wasn't taking in much I was so weak and water was also hard to get in.  After about 3 months I could get more in and it really helped.  Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics