Any info on psychology group at HRRH?

Lisa_Toronto
on 11/4/11 6:56 am - Toronto, Canada
Hi friends.  At the last YR support group meeting there was some talk of a new support group / clinic at Humber, led by the psychologist.  

Does anyone have more information on that group?  I assume it is focussed on "head hunger" / eating issues.  Is it based on mindful eating or cognitive-behavioural treatment?  How would I go about getting on the waiting list?  I tried calling the receptionist at the clinic but she wasn't at all helpful.

Or does anyone know of a similar (free!) clinic?  I looked into one mindfulness-based eating program in Toronto, but couldn't afford the $900 price tag.

Thanks for anything you can share.

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Radiogirl39
on 11/4/11 7:05 am - Canada
Hi Lisa,
I have a hand out for that from seeing the nutritionist at Humber.  The dates were Oct 12, 19, 26 and Nov 2, 9, 16, 23.

It's being held in the Finch Boardroom in the professional bldg at Humber Finch.  From 5 - 6:30 pm.  It says to call the bariatric clinic at 416-744-2500 ext 3720 to register.

"A social worker amd dietitian will be facilitating the support group sessions.  Topics include managing stressors, mindfulness, nutrition, communication, self esteem and body image issues.

I hope this is wht you were looking for.
What is the "YR support group" you mention.  I was thinking of joining OA and hoping Dr Sohi would give me a referral to a psychologist.

Julie

Lisa_Toronto
on 11/4/11 7:11 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks Julie!  Oh, I wish I'd known about it earlier.  I'll call monday to see whether they would let me attend the last three sessions.  Hopefully they will repeat it later.

The York Region support group is a monthly get-together in Richmond Hill - not affiliated with any hospital or medical professionals.  

weight loss includes 25 lbs before optifast         
Radiogirl39
on 11/4/11 7:17 am - Canada
You're welcome, good luck!

Gabygee
on 11/4/11 8:48 am - Canada
Oooh! Oooh!
That sounds MUCH better than the $160 I am currently shelling out for my psychiatrist.

I'm a couple of months behind you in the whole scheme of things, Lisa (BTW - only 8 pounds to go - that's amazing!) so I think I'll wait and see what you accomplish with the group.

Do you mind sharing, once you've been?

Most Active
Recent Topics