Aquacise...and a few NSVs

on_my_way2011
on 11/9/11 12:24 am - Canada
Went to my first aquacise class today and I loved it!!  It was a hard workout and my muscles are sore, but it was relaxing at the same time.

I am down about 35 pounds now and the NSVs are starting to roll.  I can now climb stairs like a normal person (not both feet on one step, both feet on next step), I can lift my foot to rest my ankle on my opposite knee (not quite crossed legs, but sure does make putting socks on easier), and I bought my first belt in twenty years.  I went to an event last weekend that involved hours of standing (about 5  hours) and I didn't realize until it was over that I didn't look desperately around for a chair or a wall once!!  And my knees weren't in pain for the rest of the night either!

I feel lighter.  I still have a very long way to go, but for the first time in my memory I feel like I am making some real progress.

Have a great day everyone!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Brenda T.
on 11/9/11 12:33 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
That's wonderful Tracy. That sounds like fun, I did it years ago and it is surprising how much of a workout it really is.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 11/9/11 12:48 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
That is so wonderful, Tracy!!! you're making such wonderful progress.

Gabygee
on 11/9/11 12:52 am - Canada
Aquafit is DA BOMB!
Remember to drink water, though - you sweat in the water, even if you don't feel it.

I really miss our classes, the pool is being rehabbed for sal****er .. soon come, as they say in Jamaica.
Can't wait to get started again.

Tanya T.
on 11/9/11 1:54 am
Great job Tracy!

Tanya

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 11/9/11 2:59 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Way to go Tracy. So happy that you are doing well. One week from today for me!

JJ_
on 11/9/11 8:14 am
Congratulations Tracy, Love your NSVs.  These are all important milestones, as it is just going to get easier and easier.

Take care,

Judy
Mary A.
on 11/10/11 7:56 am

Sounds like you have had great success Tracy! Congrats :) Can't wait to start aquafit myself!

Most Active
Recent Topics