Two months out!

on_my_way2011
on 11/26/11 11:28 pm - Canada
I can't believe it has been two months since my surgery.  Actually, I had completely lost track of time and last week I was telling people I was only six weeks out!!! Oops!

My body is changing so rapidly.  I am down 40 pounds and 32.5 inches overall.  None of my clothes fit (except the new ones my mom bought and the few pair I picked up at VV last week).  Even my shoes don't fit!  I have a favourite pair of loafers that are now flip flops.

My most recent NSV is that my laptop now actually sits on my lap!!  I don't have to prop it up onto my tummy so it doesn't fall off the end of my knees.  Love it!

I am very happy.  I haven't had any complications, tolerate most food very well.  Too high in fat gives me trouble so I really have to watch that.  Haven't tried anything high in sugar (and don't intend to) so no idea how my body reacts to that. 

Everyone in my life has been incredibly supportive, even those that weren't so supportive before the surgery.  I am at that point now that everyone is noticing the weight loss.  I have had a few double takes from people I haven't seen in a while.

I talked to my grandpa a few weeks ago.  My nanny passed away about 12 years ago.  I have decided that when I hit goal I am going to get my nanny's wedding and engagement rings sized and wear them.  My grandpa loved the idea. 

I had a great time meeting so many OHers (and a few yet to join the board) last week in Mississauga.  Thanks to Karen M. for arranging it when I was in town!  I travel a lot for my job so I hope to keep meeting people from OH.  You are all such a wonderfully supportive group of people, I don't think this journey would have been the same without you!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Diminishing Dawn
on 11/27/11 12:11 am - Windsor, Canada
It's always wonderful hearing other people's great stories newly out as life is completely changing! I'm looking forward to my husband also going through these positive changes in the new year.  Sounds like you are surrounded by support, you lucky lady :) 

Enjoy your new and ever-changing life! Woot woot!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

pinkjellybean
on 11/27/11 12:13 am - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
I love the optimism in this post!  It truly settles well fo rme at a time when my anxiety seems to be high about this surgery!  So glad everything is going great for you!  

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Brenda T.
on 11/27/11 12:21 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
So happy for you Tracy, you are doing so great. I am thrilled for the changes you are going thru. Congrats!!

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

aprilbennett1965
on 11/27/11 12:27 am - Canada
Sounds like you are doing wonderful Tracy! Keep up the good work.
Surgery ---December 23 with Dr. Yelle!

Radiogirl39
on 11/27/11 12:37 am - Canada
That's awesome Tracey!

Julie

Monica M.
on 11/27/11 1:08 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
wow. i can't believe its been two months already, Tracy!! Congrats on your success so far, and i know you'll continue to do well.

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 11/27/11 4:31 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
I'm so happy for you Tracy. Congrats on your success so far!
Cher
JJ_
on 11/27/11 6:12 am
 Congrats Tracy.  Glad to hear you are complication free and that people are starting to notice.

Judy
Lynette1962
on 11/27/11 8:19 am - Whitby, Canada
 Keep up the amazing work.........you are doing INCREDIBLE 

I have reached my goal weight ..... and LOVE my RNY !!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics