100 (and a little more) Club

Jonathin
on 1/5/12 6:45 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Went to my 3 month post-op followup on Wednesday. I've lost 110 lbs since starting Optifast!

The first few months were admittedly very rough. Severe lack of appetite, nausea, frequent praying to the porcelain shrine, fatigue.. oh, the fatigue. I'm getting better. Not awesome, but better. I'll stick with better.  

My daughter keeps telling me how I'm melting. She even called me skinny the other day. I still haven't processed these things, but can literally spin in my old clothes. Instead of shoveling my driveway like last year and coming back feeling like I lost a wrestling match with a rhino, I shovel three driveways because one of my neighbors recently had a baby and I don't think the other owns a shovel. ;)  But come inside and feel good.

I'm looking forward to the next 3 months. 2012 isn't lookin' so bad afterall. Some may say it's the end of the world, but besides when I became a father, this is the beginning of mine.

Hope ya'll are doing well. I still pop in from time to time, not as much as I'd like. Hopefully that will change this year too. 

GP / Paperwork: Dec 2009    Referral: Apr 15, 2010   Received Letter: Feb 1, 2011
Info Session: Feb 4, 2011   Nurse Appt: Mar 7, 2011  Diet/Nut Appt: Mar 29, 2011
Pulmonary Test: Apr 1, 2011
CPAP Appt: May 17, 2011  Surgery Class: Jun 8, 2011  
Meet Surgeon: Jun 9, 2011   Pre-Op Mtg: Jul 11, 2011 Start Optifast: Jul 13, 2011
Surgery Date #1: Aug 3, 2011 (cancelled Jul 19)      Endoscopy: Sep 9, 2011
Start Optifast #2: Sep 14, 2011                      Surgery Date #2: Oct 5, 2011
sharmc
on 1/5/12 7:16 pm - Canada
 Congratulations!!!!!!!  It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?

suebdc
on 1/5/12 7:19 pm, edited 1/5/12 10:36 pm - Kinburn, Canada
VSG on 01/26/12
Congratulations Johnathin I am glad you are doing better.

I have just started optifast and I don't like it at all, but I am trying to stay strong and just dump it in. I hope you have continued success and have a great 2012.

Sue

Monica M.
on 1/5/12 7:51 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
thanks for posting, Jonathin! You're doing so well. Come do my driveway if you run out of snow to shovel.

Brenda T.
on 1/5/12 11:05 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
But Mon, your driveway is a parking lot now. lol

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

JJ_
on 1/5/12 7:57 pm

Congratulations on getting to the Century Club!!  Melting Man!!  You and Frosty :)

Judy

Sirene
on 1/5/12 8:50 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Jonathan!! So good to hear from you and see that you are doing so well!!
*hugs*

Hope to see more of you in 2012.....or would that be hope to see LESS of you?? ;)

Jennifer  

Joyce J.
on 1/5/12 9:36 pm - Scarborough, Canada
Hey there

Nice to see you posting. I think of you and your daughter often and wonder how you are doing

You are doing AWESOME.

Keep up the good work

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Sher1ock
on 1/5/12 9:40 pm - Canada
Jonathin, that is FANTASTIC.  I'm so happy for you and your daughter.  Did you ever imagine how profound the difference would be?...and you are just getting started.  Hope to see you at an Ottawa meeting at some point if you can swing it.

jthompson593
on 1/5/12 9:58 pm
 Wow, good for you. Isn't it so great to FEEL so great! Oh and by the way, good on you for helping out with the snow shoveling. What a great gesture!

Most Active
Recent Topics