Four months out...kind of long

on_my_way2011
on 1/27/12 8:54 am - Canada
Well, it has been four months since my RNY and my life is completely different.

I am down to 217, but only "count" my Monday weigh in, so won't change my ticker and stuff until then. 

I started my journey at 360, had surgery at 280.  Haven't weighed this much since pre-pregnancy...18 years ago!!!  The only other weight I know for sure is that I was 200 when I first joined weigh****chers at 17...so that is my next goal.

My hair is falling out...a lot!  I have a sticky roller thing I use to get pet hair off my clothes...now I have to use it to get my hair off my clothes!!!  Not even slightly joking.

My hair has also decided that the natural wave I have is no longer...sits poker straight and flat.  Must be hormonal or something.

I am freezing cold all the time!  I am bundled up like an eskimo sitting in my 70 C house.  The doc says that is likely hormonal too.  Bought an electric blanket so I could sleep without roasting the rest of the house!

I have so much energy I don't know what to do.  I pace around the house all the time.  I almost never sit still.  My daughter and I watched a movie the other night and I stood for half of it!  I pace when I talk on the phone, I get up and down a million times through the day.  I feel like I just have to move...big change from this time last year when I would do anything to not move!

Had an awesome NSV today.  I am a substitute teacher.  I never know what the setup of the room is going to be like.  Some rooms are so crowded that you can barely squeeze through the rows of desks.  Today I spent an hour in a very crowded computer lab.  I didn't spend any time looking for the best "route" around the room, I didn't have to ask any students to pull in their chairs, I just wandered around and helped everyone.  I didn't even realize that I had no anxiety about this until the period was almost over.  Only obese people (and formerly obese people) can understand how much dread fills our hearts when you see that you are going to have to cross a crowded room!

I have lost a total of 44 inches (waist, hips, thigh, calf, arm, chest, neck).

I have not struggled with food at all.  I can eat pretty much anything (dumped once on too much fat, sausage).  I have not struggled with hunger, cravings or eating anything taboo.  I lost a lot of weight before I started this journey and I think I conquered most of my food demons in that process.  The only thing I still struggled with presurgery was bordom eating, but now that I'm not sitting around anymore, I am rarely bored!

I am having a hard time getting into an exercise routine.  Weather is just such a tricky thing around here.  Right now I am committed to intentional exercise two times a week, hope to move to three when that becomes routine.

I have had a number of double takes lately from people I haven't seen in a while.  Three times I have talked to someone I know and realized that they don't recognize me!

When I wear old baggy clothes, I feel like a slob...they so clearly don't fit!  When I wear my new better fitting clothes I feel great, and feel like I look great.

I can't wait till I see my family doctor...I haven't seen him since October, should be interesting!

Sorry if this was long...just thought I would give an update.

I am so happy I did this, not a single regret...even if I end up having to buy a wig!!!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

JJ_
on 1/27/12 9:00 am

Congratulations Tracy !  You are doing great.  Love the NSV.  I can so relate to looking around a crowded room for a route out.

Judy

alexforest
on 1/27/12 9:02 am - Canada
Tracy thanks so much for posting, and not it's not long at all, very informative, not to worry about your hair loss, my g/f had this surgery last april and she said she went through the hair lost about 4 monts post surgery but it didn't last long, she says to up  your protein, thank you for posting, i get so much out of everyone that post here,,

Cherry's New
Beginning

on 1/27/12 9:49 am - Cole Harbour, Canada
Hi Tracy,
Its so nice to hear from you and to hear about how things are going. I am so happy for you that things are going well. Congrats on your success and keep it up girl!
denise_norman
on 1/27/12 9:50 am - Canada
RNY on 02/29/12
Wow, Thanks for the post. It is not too long at all. I find it very nice to read about others journies.

Referal: March 2011                   Orientation: TWH July 21,20
11           Nurse Practitioner:Sept. 6,2011
Sleep Clinic Test: Sept. 11,2011 Sleep Clinic Result:
Sept. 27, 2011   Social Worker: Oct.. 19, 2011   
Nutrition Class: Nov.1,2011        Diabetis Assessment: Nov. 01, 2011  Dietitian: Dec. 02, 2011 
Psychologist: Dec. 06, 2011       Surgeon Meeting: Jan. 21, 2012        RYN Surgery Date: Feb. 29, 2012

joanne_1970
on 1/27/12 11:27 am - Harriston, Canada
Great job, your doing amazing. 
Love your attitude and your NSV.

Gailupnorth
on 1/27/12 8:09 pm - Huntsville, Canada
 Tracey, that's awesome.  I'm so glad to hear things are going so well.  About the exercise.  Let's meet on Tuesdays.  The girls have swim lessons from 5:45 to 6:30 and then take another half hour to shower and change.  We can walk the track.  I've been doing it, but it's boring by myself.  Keep up the good work.  Gail
 HW: 381, Starting Optifast: 370, SW: 342, GW: 170.  RNY at HRRH 10/20/10.              
on_my_way2011
on 1/27/12 9:00 pm - Canada
Sounds like a plan Gail!  I am out of town this coming Tuesday, but should be free the next one.  I will see you there!

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

Brenda T.
on 1/27/12 10:54 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks for the update, you are rocking girl!!! Sorry about your hair and hope it slows down and starts growing back soon for you.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

hoppys_wife
on 1/27/12 11:18 pm - Canada
Conratulations....Dave gets a b12 shot and he is not losing his hair anymore...Good Luck and keep it up!
Diane  - Dave's wife
Most Active
Recent Topics