florescent pee...lol

on_my_way2011
on 2/7/12 7:08 am - Canada
About two weeks ago I noticed that my urine was bright yellow...not the deep yellow of dehydration, but almost glow in the dark bright!!  At first I thought I was dehydrated and I upped my water intake...almost floated away a few days I think!  Then it finally occurred to me that it started right around the time the dietician upped my vitamin C.

She has me taking 2000mg a day as my levels were very low, but if I am peeing bright yellow, doesn't that mean that I am taking too much and my body is trying to rid me of it? 

I have been trying to reach the dietician for a week on another issue (three phone messages and two emails...no return call  )  and I will ask when I speak to her, but should I drop one of the pills each day and see if that resolves the problem? 

I know this isn't life threatening, so I don't mind asking for this medical advice on here!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

PaulaToronto
on 2/7/12 7:13 am - Toronto, Canada
Normal - the body gets rid of what it can't absorb. Try to take them throughout the day and not at once but you will still see the bright yellow. I don't take extra C and still have bright yellow from whatever there is in the multi.

Highest W 312   Referral W 252   Surgery W 237   CW 156  Height 5'6"            

Karen W.
on 2/7/12 7:45 am - Canada
B vitamins can also make your urine bright yellow.  Between my multi, B12 and the C that I've been taking (I'm on 2000 mg too) my pee could light up a small town!

RNY April 11, 2011       

ToNewBeginnings
on 2/7/12 7:49 am
Vit B is known for the highlighter yellow

on_my_way2011
on 2/7/12 7:53 am - Canada
I didn't realize B12 could be the culprit too...I guess it could be the combination.

Thanks for your replies...I guess I will just put up with the bright colour for now...at least no one sees it but me!

Tracy

Highest weight ~ 360, Surgery weight ~ 280, Current weight ~ 171
Referral to bariatric registry ~ April 29, 2011  SURGERY ~ September 27, 2011
My  is Gailupnorth.

PatXYZ
on 2/7/12 10:34 am
B2 (Riboflavin) is what makes your pee neon yellow. It's not fat soluble, so you just pee out what you don't need. It's naturally an orange-ish/yellow which is why B50 or B100 supplements are always that colour.
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/12 8:00 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada
B is usually the neon yellow cause. I pee Mr. Clean color within an hour of taking my multi so guess I am getting more than enough from 1 vitamin. LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics