Report - Restaurants need to include nutritional info on menus

Gabygee
on 2/28/12 9:50 pm - Canada
The Thunder Bay Chronicle-Journal carried a story today on a report out of Ottawa.

They're confirming what we already know - it's high time that popular restaurants included the nutritional info on their menus.
It's sometimes difficult to make the right choices when you have to guess at fat + sugar contents.
Eg. I recently ordered the Chicken Quesadillas at Swiss Chalet, thinking I was getting something lower in fat than the other available choices - WRONG!!!!

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.chroniclejournal.com/news/cp/health/put-calories- sodium-values-menus-report

Leanne1
on 2/28/12 10:05 pm - Newmarket, Canada
Most restaurants have a nutritional guide. I sometimes ask for one or if I look it up online before we go out, I can analyze it and pick something out to eat. If they don't have one, I will order chicken, or some other form of meat and a salad.

I order the chicken quesadilla from swiss chalet, I don't look at "fat" the same way anymore. I concentrate on the carbs and protein. Mind you, I can't eat a whole quesadilla. My bf usually eats it or I eat it the next day.

Marny B.
on 2/28/12 10:11 pm - Canada
I think this is so important.  Most fast food places do have nutritional guides, however, I have noticed that many have opted only to provide the nut. info on their websites, and not in a pamphlet to use at the store, which is a bother unless you have planned ahead. 

It is the sit-down restaurants that I think really need to include this info right on their menus.  This is why, if we go out, I appreciate the Pickle Barrel.  They have a huge menu to pick from with lots of great items, and all of their Rose Reisman dishes have the nut. info listed for me to see.  Most of them are low carb too.  :)

We should have the right to make a choice based on the facts. 

Referral Sent:  March 19, 2010
Surgery date with Dr. Denis Hong: December 9, 2010

Karen M.
on 2/28/12 10:17 pm - Mississauga, Canada
I couldn't agree more with this!  And I think it should be ALL restaurants eventually, not just the fast-food, convenient dinner-type places that actually already provide it. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patti K.
on 2/28/12 10:31 pm - Kingston On, Canada
I agree too!!  When I do eat out, it would be really helpful in deciding what I choose.  Patti K.

Most Active
Recent Topics