Update on Post Surgery Complications

Allyson A.
on 3/18/12 7:45 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
I know I haven't been on here in a while, just sort of been lurking in the background.  But to follow up on what has been going on with me.  I am 8 months post op tomorrow and down 138 lbs.  I returned to work for about 6 weeks in October and they then sent me home as I was unable to do my job from stricture problems and problems with excess vomiting.  The strictures have been fixed and that seems to be working very well.  I am still however suffering from an extreme amount of gas (belching) non stop.  It is so excessive that it makes my pouch upset and I then begin throwing up.  (Not pleasant).  I have also been suffering from severe constipation.  Several tests later and hopefully getting closer to an answer to these problems.  I recently went for a CT scan and they discovered that I have a very small hernia near my belly button.  Surgeon says it is really nothing to worry about and he believes that it is not the cause of the gas  issue. 
Tomorrow I head for HRRH again for bloodwork and then on Tuesday I am having a laparoscopy (spelling???) done, which I hope will finally give me some answers.  Dr. Klein believes I might have a twist in my bowel somewhere that could be causing all these issues.  He believes they are related and assures me he can fix them.  
Having said all that, if I would still have gone through with the surgery as I love my RNY.  The pros and far outweighed the cons.  And I believe in the power of being positive.

Keep your fingers crossed that they finally come up with some answers and hopefully these issues will in the very near future be an acutal thing of the past. 

Allyson

HW 318  SW 291 

Dianadcr
on 3/18/12 7:52 am - Canada
My thoughts and prayers with you as you work through all these issues. Hang strong and so happy that you have no regrets inspire of the set backs.
  Diana

Brenda T.
on 3/18/12 8:18 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 05/14/12
Great to hear from you. Hope all gets sorted out quickly this time.

Brenda             Visit my profile for timelines                         My  is Monica M.

Monica M.
on 3/18/12 8:33 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
I hope they get that sorted out. I'm glad that Dr. Klein is working on this with you.

Best of luck, sending all sorts of positive energy your way!!

CanDoItFour
on 3/18/12 8:50 am - Canada
Best wishes to you Allyson! 

You've made tremendous progress, and I am so sorry that you have been having a rough time.  Once they get it all sorted out you will be AMAZED at how wonderful you feel.  I've been having some trouble too with excess gas and pain in the past 6 weeks, although in my case a course of Prevacid seems to have done the trick.  The really important thing though, is that now that I don't hurt anymore I am really revelling in the new me. 

I wish you the same!  Please keep us posted.

Claire

HW 348
CW 152
Surgery Feb 11, 2011
Moselle
on 3/18/12 8:50 am - Athens, Canada
 I had been wondering how things were going with you.  Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing some issues.  You certainly have had more than your fair share of problems since your surgery.  I hope that they are finally able to get to the bottom of your problems and resolve them for you.  I'm glad to hear that you are still happy with your deicison to have the surgery; that says a lot in it self.

We missed you at the meeting - take care and please keep up posted on your progress.  All the best. Hugs, Muriel
sweetvania
on 3/18/12 9:18 am - mississauga, Canada
hey allyson so good to hear from you and i have my fingers crossed for you all the way!!! glad dr klein is taking good care of you!! hugs for you keep it up girl
RNY 07/05/11 dr klein!!! love it soo happy xxoo!!
Allyson A.
on 3/18/12 9:35 am - Seeleys Bay, Canada
Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I will keep you posted as to what happens and what I find out.

Allyson
HW 318  SW 291 

sam1am
on 3/18/12 10:53 am
Sorry to hear about your ongoing problems and I hope that going forward, everything will really improve!  All the best, Allyson!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Patti K.
on 3/18/12 12:16 pm - Kingston On, Canada
Allyson...trusting that the end is in sight for you!!   Best wishes....Patti K.

Most Active
Recent Topics