Weird!!!!!

PatXYZ
on 4/2/12 7:52 am
I think I've described here before how there is a large "dimple" in my lower abdomen from the lowest incision on the left. When they closed it up, they stitch it to the muscle wall, though I don't know the exact reason for this. Anyway, I was sitting on my couch today and had a particularly strong sneeze and it just 'popped'! It was the strangest feeling! It felt like a little tear and at first I didn't know what had happened and was worried I'd hurt myself, but I went to the mirror and lo and behold, no more dimple! Also, much less pain in the area as an added bonus!

I knew the stitch would release sometime around 4 weeks out, but I had no idea that it would happen so suddenly! Has anyone else experienced this?
sam1am
on 4/2/12 8:00 am
That's interesting as it has never popped and is still a dimple, 2.5 years out!  I always hoped it would flatten.

How is everything else going?

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

PatXYZ
on 4/2/12 8:11 am
Does your dimple give you any pain?

I had a rough few days at the end of last week where I just wasn't getting enough of anything; fluids, protein, food or vitamins and I was having quite a bit of pain and it had me feeling a bit down and intermittently nauseous. As of yesterday though, doing better and feeling more positive again. I've lost over 30lbs but I can barely see it. All my clothes still fit, just some of them a bit looser. Feels weird to me to have lost so much to not be able to see it at all. I have my 4 week follow up on Wednesday in Hamilton.

sam1am
on 4/2/12 8:25 am
I don't have any pain now, but I think it was the worst of my incisions but the biggest as well.  I don't think it was too bad as far as I can remember.

The more fluids you get in, the nausea will likely subside.  I was the same weightwise, 30 lbs, same clothes (I was wearing an 18 should have been 20-22 probably), but about 10-15 lbs later, everyone noticed and so did I as my clothes literally started falling off.  If its the same as my situation in a couple of weeks you and everyone will see a huge change.

All the best for your follow up!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

momof4beautifulgirls
on 4/2/12 8:02 am - Canada
Too funny, I had two dimples (that hurt and pulled) after surgery and at about 6 weeks they just went away.  I wi**** did do it suddenly because they were pretty bothersome.

PatXYZ
on 4/2/12 8:06 am
Yes, it was very bothersome and painful even. I'm surprised how much better I feel. Just went for a walk and didn't have any pain at all!
Rachel O.
on 4/2/12 9:16 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 03/02/12
omg Pat I thought I was nuts when I seen mine. I am around 4 weeks as well.  I had pain and a burning feeling. I asked the nurse at my 1 week and she said they do that alot (Hamilton) and they get a lot of ppl asking about it.

My "dimple" went around 3 weeks. Must have went in my sleep.  OH let me just tell you that it feels SO much better. :)  can move around and not feel the burning.
PatXYZ
on 4/2/12 9:32 am
I know! It's so much better! I can't wait to get into bed tonight, I hope I can actually get comfortable!
savasana
on 4/2/12 11:38 am - St. Thomas, Canada
RNY on 03/06/12
 My dimple was on the right centre incision and it was gone sometime in the first two weeks.  I think it happened in my sleep though because I don't remember it happening.

Adelle B.
on 4/2/12 12:17 pm - Petawawa, Canada
RNY on 02/08/12
I was so worried about my dimple and it was very noticable even under shirts. then one day it was gone!

Most Active
Recent Topics