Wow...the questionnaire is detailed. Any advise?

Peggy F.
on 4/24/12 4:32 am - Whitby, Canada
Hi,
I'm a newbie....looking for all/any information and advise.  I have been reading others' posts and find them very helpful.  I just received the email with the questionnaire and wow....it sure is detailed!!!  I've read it over but haven't filled it out yet.  I'm nervous and worried that I won't be accepted based on what I write!  I guess I will just answer everything truthfully and hope for the best. 

I have my orientation/info session on April 30th.  I can hardly wait to go to that and learn more. 

I can tell that I've come to the right place.....you all seem so friendly and encouraging to each other.  I look forward to getting to know you all more.

Peggy
hobbithands
on 4/24/12 6:57 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Good luck on your journey. As for your questionaire honesty is always the best policy...these things are important for your clinic to know.

Happysmile
on 4/24/12 7:06 am
Hi Peggy,
I found that the questionnaires helped me reflect on my past, eating pattern, weight issues, and thought about food, etc.
Just be honest. Would be my best suggestion.
Enjoy your process and enjoy the orientation session.
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/12 7:10 am - Canada
I remember the questionnaire well. My advice - answer it honestly because it'll help the doctors/clinic help you.

Look at it this way - if you got the questionnaire, you're already accepted.
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/24/12 7:12 am, edited 4/23/12 7:13 pm
I was given a questionnaire from St. Joes in Hamilton. I was told by the receptionist that everyone had to fill one out. It was a novel! It asked at what age did I first have sexual intercourse and how many partners etc. I really felt uncomfortable filling it out.
I also was afraid not to, as I might be seen as non-compliant. I kind of nervously joked with the receptioneist about it when I handed it in and she again said that everyone had to fill one out.

I felt sick. I called the privacy office and asked more about the questionnaire and what it was used for etc. It was for a psychologist doing a thesis or something. I was SO angry.
I said they didn't have my informed consent for that and they ended up getting a courier to return it to my house. Apparently they now have a letter stating what the info is to be used for.

Just a heads up :You have the right to know what your information is being used for

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/12 7:17 am - Canada
Wow, Yvonne your questionnaire doesn't sound remotely close to what I filled out before orientation. I wouldn't have answered those questions either.

My questionnaire asked for medical history - previous surgeries, allergies to meds, current meds. Then it asked for diet/weight loss history.
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/24/12 7:18 am
Yeah I had something like that also. Then this crazy one.

Manda M.
on 4/24/12 8:23 am
ya mine was just like that but like 17 pages worth. Nothing too detailed or anything
http://pouchgirlrny.blogspot.com  -- My thoughts and experience so far post RNY!!

hobbithands
on 4/24/12 7:22 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Oh my gosh, I wouldnt have filled out that one either. The one I had to do was just the basic medical/diet  history 

Karen M.
on 4/24/12 2:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Really?  I filled out anything and everything they asked me to.  I wanted this surgery that badly. They're looking to see if someone is suitable for WLS - that they're of sound mind and will be able to handle the life change.  From many of the posts I've read on this forim, they should be giving this questionnaire to WAAAAAY more people.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics