can u help

Nancy K.
on 5/25/12 2:27 am, edited 5/25/12 3:24 am - Cornwall, Canada
i am nancys niece i have a few questions and im hoping u can help.

i am seeing dr gagner on june 6 and need to have some questions ready but i dont know what to ask.     

What quesrtions should i be asking him and what should i know?
i am 38 years old n female. my height is 5 feet i weight 300lbs my co meds are hight cholesterol  , under active thyroid  (my meds r are  at 225 mg for the thyroid) , on water pills n they are also for high blood pressure  n also have ulcer n heart disease  n possible narcalepsy  (SP?).

i m looking at the ds or possibly the sleeve . i have done some research and feel the best surgery for me r  the ones i have  mentioned.

any advise or help would be greatly appreciated.

as u can tell i text alot and i am hand pecking at a key board  lol.   

thank u pam
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
ToNewBeginnings
on 5/25/12 3:04 am
Pam, you may want to sign up with your own account on this site.

Nancy K.
on 5/25/12 3:22 am - Cornwall, Canada
 I don't have the internet so I'm using my aunts right now with her permission. I still  would like to have any information anyone can offer.

Thank you,
Pam

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
twins4meplus1
on 5/25/12 3:32 am - St Thomas, Canada
Do you live in Ontario? Are you self pay with Dr Gagnier?
Why have you chosen the sleeve or DS? Do you take NSAIDS on a regular basis?
If you live in Ontario you need to have your family physician register you on the Bariatric Registry in order for OHIP to pay for your surgery.

Linda

London and Area Support Group Leader
http://www.london-wls-support-group.com/
Come join the Ontario Plastics Patients Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_Post_Plastics 
Come join the Ontario WLS Vets Board
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Ontario_WLS_Vets/
To get your discounted subscription to OH Magazine
Follow the link below and enter the promo code "Terrio11
http://www.obesityhelp.com/magazine/subscriptions.
html

OH certified WLS Support Group Leader

Nancy K.
on 5/25/12 3:43 am, edited 5/25/12 3:44 am - Cornwall, Canada
I'm from ontario & I'm already in the process of wls ottawa.

I'm trying for the ds or sleeve because i do take nsaids.

I know i have alot of fighting to do to have either surgery but i am willing to do this in order to have it.

I have chosen this surgery  because of the amount of weight i have to lose  n because of severel friends who had the rny. they have regained the weght they lost .

My aunt had the sleeve and is soon gonna have the ds and I figuered i would be better off with the ds due to my health problems and all.

I figuered by seeing gagner he would help me make the decision .

I dont have internet i cant do as much research as i need to, if u have any advice between the rny n sleeve/ds please feel free to advise.

thanking u in advance for your advice, Pam.

Weight  to lose is   243
Karen M.
on 5/25/12 5:15 am - Mississauga, Canada
I have a couple of suggestions for you.  First, I would contact the Ottawa program and ask to be seen by Dr. Hong in Hamilton - he will do the DS.  Second, I would contact PatXYZ (member on this forum) as she recently had a DS with Dr. Hong. Go to the Member List at the top of this page to find her. I'm sure she could give you good suggestions.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Monica M.
on 5/25/12 3:45 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
The list of things you've given us clearly indicate that you're eligible for weight loss surgery. (narcolepsy is the sp)

Have you been referred through the Bariatric Registry? (click on the blue letters and it'll take you there) Your family doctor will need to do that, if you want to be covered by OHIP.

Dr. Gagner will tell you if you qualify for the VSG or DS. I'm not sure what the criteria for that are.

Good luck in your journey, Pam.

Even if you only use your aunt's computer, you can still sign up for your own account, just log into it on her computer, and she can log into her own account. It might make things easier for you.

Monica

Joyce J.
on 5/25/12 4:04 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Pam,

Monica has given you the info you need
Good luck with whatever surgery you go with

Tell your Aunt to come and visit on here, we haven't seen her in ages, she can update us on how she is doing

Take care

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Jason W.
on 5/25/12 4:24 am - Canada
"I have chosen this surgery because of the amount of weight i have to lose n because of severel friends who had the rny. they have regained the weght they lost ". 

Not if they stuck to the program including exercise. Not everyone is a dumper, therefore if you eat enough of the wrong foods and don't exercise you will regain. Most definately.

As you will find out, any surgery has the risk of regain. None are fool proof.

Good luck on your journey.
Orientation Jan 8 2012   Group Nut/Surgery Class Jan 23 2012
1st Surgeon Meeting Feb 2 2012    Dr. Glazer Feb 9 2012
Social Worker Feb 23 2012    Psych/Nut/Nurse Mar 8 2012
2nd Surgeon Meeting Mar 28 2012    Optifast April 18 2012 
RNY Surgery May 9 2012
  Now if I could only grow an ass.....

hobbithands
on 5/25/12 4:40 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12
 Not all of these questions will apply but this is the list I used when I met Dr. Hyunh. I hope this helps.
Good luck.
www.obesityhelp.com/content/questionstoaskyoursurgeon.html

Most Active
Recent Topics