Questions about first visit to HRRH bariatric clinic

Nikkismom
on 5/24/12 11:06 am - Toronto, Canada
Good evening folks,
I am still not allowing myself to get too excited but I am one step closer to successful completion of the surgery and on my way to weight loss. First I need to be approved!!
I received a call requesting me to attend the clinic on Monday. The person who called told me that she would email all necessary information to me. Last week there were 2 failed attempts to email me a missing questionnaire. Once again, I have not received the email. I really don't want to pester them as I know they are very busy. So, I am asking for some help here.
First, can I assume that I wll be attending the clinic at the Finch location?
Is there anything that I need to bring or do to prepare for the Monday meeting?
And, can anyone give me some idea of what I can expect from Dr. Klein?
Thank you for any advice or feedback.

Carol
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 11:13 am - Canada
The orientation is held at the Keele site not Finch. They'll have the questionnaires there for you if you didn't get one.

I'd call to confirm the location just in case they've changed things since last year though.

Bring a pen (for the questionnaire), bring any questions you have...you really don't need anything else for that appt.

As for Dr. Klein...can't help there. I had Dr. Huynh.
Nikkismom
on 5/24/12 11:59 am - Toronto, Canada
Thank you Simone. I have attended the information session (April 23) and sent the questionnaire to them last week. My appointment on Monday is with Dr. Klein. I am just wondering whether there is anything I need to bring for that meeting.
I will try calling them again tomorrow. I do hate to do so as they seem so busy when I have called in the past.
Once again, thank you for your reply.

Carol
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 12:15 pm - Canada
For that appt just bring your health card & photo ID if you have the old card (no photo). He'll go over the surgery with you, discuss your expectations, medical history, etc...

That appt will be at Dr. Klein's office - 960 Lawrence Ave W. 5th floor. You can call his office direct & confirm the appt location. Their number is 416-782-2616.
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/12 12:18 pm - Canada
An FYI on Dr. Klein:

http://generalsurgery.utoronto.ca/faculty/list/klein.htm
Nikkismom
on 5/24/12 1:43 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thank you Simona. So my appointment is NOT at the hospital? I guess I best call them tomorrow!
Carol
bingodiva
on 5/24/12 8:15 pm - Canada
I would check on that because my first appt was at the Finch site of the Hospital .. maybe everyone is different .
Nikkismom
on 5/25/12 6:50 am - Toronto, Canada
Hmmm....
I've called both the hospital and Dr. Klein's office and there is no one answering. I left a message at the hospital but they did not call back.
Well I will go to one or the other on Monday morning!
Carol
Most Active
Recent Topics