Changing my Personal Goal

StevesGal
on 6/19/12 10:36 am - Hamilton, Canada
Lately, I've had a lot of wonderful compliments on my weight loss.  And when I say that I want to lose more, I often get "Really?  You look fine the way you are."  I love this!

So, I've decided to rethink my personal goal.  Originally, I was aiming for 178 lbs., which is just above my "recommended weight" by all the charts you see.  However, I've decided I'll be more than happy with 195 lbs.  I'm 5'9", 48 years old and have never been a 'small' person (I'm what you would call "big boned").  I just want to get below 200, and right now I'm 219, and 10 days from my 1 yr surgiversary.

I think that we sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves to meet someone's standards, so I've decided to create and meet my own standard.

Beth

Former RNY patient revising to Sleeve then DS.
Appts: Dietitian - January 21/19; July 16/19, August 13/19, September 17/19, October 15/19; Social Worker: August 23/19; DS Orientation: March 20/19; Internist: September 30/19; Surgeon: November 13/19 (signed consent).
Surgery Date: February 28/20.

MY RNY DIDN'T FAIL ME - I FAILED IT.

JJ_
on 6/19/12 10:39 am
Hi Beth,

Congrats on making a decision about your goal weight.  The good news is that it doesn`t have to be a final decision.  Once you reach 195, you can decide if you want to stay at that weight or not.  Reaching Onederland will be a big joyous event!!

Judy
hobbithands
on 6/19/12 11:11 am - Brussels, Canada
RNY on 05/30/12

I applaud that very wise sentiment! 

sam1am
on 6/19/12 11:11 am
Aiming for HEALTHY is always a good one, lol!  I'm sure you look great and feel great, but keep your honeymoon period in mind because bounceback can be a *****!

Congratulations on your success and on your realization that you can look good and feel good without being pencil thin! 

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

Tanya T.
on 6/19/12 10:26 pm
That's great Beth!  As long as you are comfortable with your decision that's what counts in my opinion.

Tanya

PatXYZ
on 6/19/12 10:54 pm
What a fantastic post! I think many people put far too much pressure on themselves to reach a specific number and unfortunately that number is often unrealistic (especially in the long-term) or can cause the person to lose focus of other, much more important physical and mental health markers. Congratulations on this very healthy decision!
I had OHIP approved Duodenal Switch surgery with Dr. Dennis Hong at St. Joseph's Hamilton on March 7th, 2012. Want more information on the DS in Ontario? Send me a private message!
Karen M.
on 6/20/12 12:47 am - Mississauga, Canada
You're right in that we do put too much pressure on ourselves.

My comment is that you're not even one year out from surgery yet - I lost well into my third year, believe it or not.  Your body will guide you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics