Pre-made Optifast

Nikkismom
on 8/11/12 6:12 am - Toronto, Canada
Good morning folks!
I am on day 5 of Optifast and am going to a Blue Jays game today. (I bought the tickets before I found out my surgery date!!!) I am worried about being around all the food smells! I am wondering whether anyone had taken a pre prepared Optifast with them. If it goes all gloppy then I will just drink water. I do like to save my 2 c of veggies till dinner time, if possible as that seems to be when I am most hungry.
Thanks for any advice!
Carol

Referral April 2012, Surgery August 21, 2012
mypita58
on 8/11/12 6:29 am - Windsor, Canada
 I had no problems last year making the shakes ahead of time. I mixed the shakes up then poured them into water bottles. I kept the shakes in a cooler to take to Toronto to have during my stay for the pre op visit.
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
Nikkismom
on 8/11/12 6:33 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks! Now, to choose vanilla or chocolate.......hmmm......
Carol

mypita58
on 8/11/12 2:43 pm - Windsor, Canada
 CHOCOLATE!!!
Glenda    
Do not pray for an easier life, pray to be stronger.    JFK            
MelissaB26
on 8/11/12 3:57 pm - Canada
It does say to consume immediately... so IDK I just measured my stuff out, froze my water and brought my package and mixed them there!!
Onward and
Downward

on 8/11/12 6:38 pm - Canada
RNY on 11/07/12
The two times I've been to Jays games, they searched our backpacks and purses and forced us to throw away any drinks or food brought in from outside.  So be prepared for that, and to put up a fight.

Oh, I see it was today so you're already back.  Well, hope it went well and they let you in with your opti and/or veggies.  I'd be curious to hear how it went.

Referral to registry: Oct 21, 2011    Orientation (TWH): Feb 22, 2012     Surgery: Nov 7, 2012

Come to Toronto East End Coffee Nights! Click here for details.

Nikkismom
on 8/11/12 7:05 pm - Toronto, Canada
Thank you everyone for your advice. I did take a vanilla shake, premixed with a capful of Caramel SF syrup. Yum.
 I too was a bit worried about being stopped at the entrance but I think that one of the benefits of being an old bird is that they think you're a harmless old lady and just let you through! Should have spiked it with vodka. Oh yea, forgot, I don't drink anymore! I must admit that I was SO hungry watching those huge hotdogs go by. My girlfriend had a bag of popcorn and a KitKat bar. By the time I got home I was ready to eat the cat but she's too quick for me so I made my veggies and another shake and she's bought herself another day of not beign Mommy's dinner.
On a good note, the capris that I wore were tight 2 weeks ago and are falling off today. Yea!
10 more sleeps!
Carol

gardeninggal
on 8/11/12 8:12 pm - Midland, Canada
 well done Carol on day no. 5 and  hope you enjoyed your day at the ball game. You have just had a NSV....capris are falling off already and  you have spared your furry friend yet again.  and by the way those hot dogs are waaaaay to salty and the bread is pasty white so no contest..... and they have bugs on them so you can't possibly eat them ( just a mental picture for you to keep in your head of any other temptations)...keep counting and soon it will be your day :)

Nikkismom
on 8/12/12 5:53 am - Toronto, Canada
Thanks Nancy,
Best not to eat poor Reilly. Couldn't stand all that fur in my mouth and I would miss my cuddle-bunny buddy at night. Adopted her in March and she's just wonderful.
Yes, my clothes are getting big. I just hope I don't lose too much because he questioned me about possibly not being heavy enough for the risk (I have so many other serious health problems). I will be devastated if he does that.
I was pleasantly surprised with the Optifast. I'd read so much bad stuff but I don't mind it at all. I add a little caramel syrup to the vanilla and it's yummy.
How are YOU doing?

Most Active
Recent Topics