My First NSVs....so excited!!!!!

northernlight
on 8/30/12 4:52 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/11/12
I love to read about everyone's NSVs - now I finally have my very own & I'm so excited about them. I'm 4 months post-op (VSG at TWH) & I am down 2 sizes and have lost 9 inches in my waist!  I've managed to stop needing my wheelchair - I certainly not ready to walk around the block (yet....) but I can get by with the use of my cane now. But the best NSV of all is that my doctor has taken me off of all my medications for high blood pressure and diabetes! My blood glucose levels are perfectly "normal" and my blood pressure is terrific! Mind you, I still take other meds for my heart and an antidepressant as well as painkillers for my back, but I have gone from taking 24 pills a day down to 12 pills a day - I got rid of half of my pills!!!!!  These NSVs were sure worth the wait!!!
I'm over here doing the Happy Dance....

Oh, I guess I can count this as a NSV too: We're leaving on Saturday for a 2 week vacation at a cottage up near Algonquin Park. We had to stay home last year because it was too hard for me to move around much and I couldn't get in and out of the boat to go fishing. What a difference a year can make!  Can't wait for the nightly campfires!!!

Deb

Vi-Vi
on 8/30/12 5:10 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
 I'm soooo happy for you!  I really hope you enjoy your camping trip!  Keep up the hard work!  Just imagine next year!  
Beth1970
on 8/30/12 5:15 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/11/12
Those are awesome NSVs! Congratulations !!

AllaP
on 8/30/12 5:17 pm - Vaughan, Canada
 So happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alla.

TanyaLH
on 8/30/12 5:22 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Deb's post makes me smile.
Way to go!!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/30/12 5:31 pm - Straford, Canada
 Congrats Deb!  Have a ball in the park, hope you get your limit of fish!  

Another life time ago I sold high blood pressure meds and lipid changers!  So happy you're off them, thats a major NSV! Awesome news!  

Regards, Ian 
Monica M.
on 8/30/12 5:34 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada
so happy for you, Deb!! Enjoy your vacation!!

gardeninggal
on 8/30/12 5:59 pm - Midland, Canada
 Your story is a poster for all the benefits of WLS and you must be sooooo proud of yourself Deb.

Enjoy your NSV's, each and every one of them and have a wonderful time in Algonquin Park. Congrats 

smiley_k
on 8/30/12 6:07 pm
 Way to go Deb! Enjoy your vacation at the cottage!
Katie  ♥     

NorthernStar
on 8/30/12 6:12 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
That is phenomenal!! Enjoy your vacation!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics