a room rental...can i pick your brain?

deanne75
on 9/14/12 5:53 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Revision on 12/10/08 with
 Hey all,

Looking for an economical way to rent a meeting room for just one night in Ottawa.  Does anybody have an suggestions?  I looked up city of Ottawa, community centres, and libraries, but they are a bit more expensive than what I can spend.

Thanks for the help  :)

8 lbs lost before surgery

highlandbear
on 9/14/12 6:08 pm - Canada
 Look up some churches they usually have space to rent out that is not so expensive. Did you check out the ywca or the ymca they also have space to rent. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/12 7:33 pm - Guelph, Canada
 Senior centers
Legion halls

Depending what the meeting is for its not unheard of to get discounts if it's a good cause... Ex.. A reading group to help kids will get huge discounts... but weddings it's full price..schools may e an idea too or even our Zehrs ( presidents choice store) has a community room for rent 
Sher1ock
on 9/14/12 10:31 pm - Canada
The Bytown Benchers, one of our local WLS support groups rent space at the Bronson Centre. It is an old high school that has been converted into office space for non-profits and it has a number of community rooms available to rent. The fee is $10/ hour plus a $10 administration fee for each contract ( I book space three or four months at a time so that ten dollar admin fee is only charged once for that period of time.) Can't beat the price!

The Bronson Centre is located close to downtown and is readily accessible by bus.

Check it out...they have a web site you can google.

HeidiA
on 9/15/12 6:08 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Not sure what part of town you are looking into as there is a community centre in the west end that I have used.

Heidi
 Listed below are the upcoming Coffee nights at Starbucks (Hunt Club and Merivale Rd) starting at 7:00 pm.

ohcardheidismanimated.gif picture by lynnca1972

Most Active
Recent Topics