need help

yssirhc
on 10/3/12 12:14 am - Canada
i need links and supporting documentation for a friend who's DR is not very knowledgeable of the RNY  says she does not qualify but clearly does...I'm looking for links or numbers to fwd to her so she can take to her Dr
I wake up every day with the realization that this is it, that there's only one shot at this life and I can either enjoy the ride and live it to its fullest and to my highest potential or I can stay the way I am.

Referral Sent:  May-2011     Info:  Sept-2011    Class: Feb 28
Nurse: April 12      Meet w/ Surgeon: April 12     Surgeon: Dr. Lindsay 
Diet/Nut: April 12     Psych: April 12     OPTIFAST: June 11      Surgery Date:  July 3 2012
kellybelly333
on 10/3/12 12:34 am - Toronto, Canada

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Monica M.
on 10/3/12 12:55 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
www.bariatricregistry.ca/

this is the link the DR will need to send in a referral.

Mochalocks12
on 10/3/12 4:06 am - Canada
I am just beginning my journey, but as far as I can tell the Doctor shouldn't be deciding if she qualifies anyways, that is up to the regisrty, assessment centre, and surgeon! Tell your friend to get her Dr to print the form off the web site, fill it in and fax it all while she is there, so it dosent get misplaced! Tell her not to take no for an answer! It's her life and here future! 

Wish your friend luck,
nelli
CoffeeLady1975
on 10/3/12 4:48 am - Canada
 You can also have a clinic/ER doc or nurse practioner refer you.  State that your family doctors "personal bias" is preventing you from getting a referal.  

ShallowGirl
on 10/3/12 10:50 am, edited 10/3/12 10:50 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I think she needs a new doctor instead.  Or the NP like the lady above me suggested.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics