Taking the leap from being a lurker...

Lolabug
on 10/12/12 8:59 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13
Hi everyone (does the wave like this because she can't find the emoticon) ! I've been lurking for while checking things out a bit. Everyone here seems so supportive and has lots of experience and advice so here I am.
My immediate story: after being told that I had to register on the OHIP website myself (if only it was that easy!!) my doctor finally faxed the forms in and my orientation session is on Dec 12 at TWH.

Am I right in assuming that I can't book any appointments until then? I guess like most people when I made my decision, I was ready.

Anyways, looking forward to learning more from everyone.

P.s. I'm in Milton, does that qualify me for cawfee talk? Lol
ShallowGirl
on 10/12/12 10:44 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12
Welcome, you're on your way!

I think you can go to any support group you can get to.  

You can't book appointments with the center before orientation, but you can work through your primary MD to get common medical/surgical concerns looked at, ie sleep apnea.  You also want to be controlling your blood sugar / blood pressure etc.

PS. if you edit your original post you should see the emoticons button.  

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Karen M.
on 10/12/12 10:50 am - Mississauga, Canada
Come on down anytime! :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 11:43 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12
Welcome Lolabug, your right this is a great supportive bunch of people. Good luck on your journey!
msheavyhearted
on 10/12/12 12:25 pm - Marathon, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/02/12
 Welcome!!

This is a wonderful place to be. Good luck on your journey.
Want to join the CRAZY TransCanada Challenge?? Just message me. Here's a link to the rules: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4570778/REPOST-The-CRAZY-TransCanada-Challenge-Rules/

Julia P.
on 10/12/12 1:10 pm, edited 10/12/12 1:10 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/16/12
Welcome!  I'm also from Milton, and went through TWH (having my surgery on Tuesday at TEGH, which is one of the hospitals that takes on patients from the TWH program). 

You won't be able to book any appointments until then, but once you get your first appointments at that meeting, my best advice is to call, call, call for cancellations!  I was able to move most of my appointments up that way, as have several others going through TWH.  It definitely shortened my wait time.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 
Julia

Referral - December 2011 * Orientation TWH - March 13th, 2012 * Nurse Practitioner - April 17th, 2012 * Nutrition Class - April 17th, 2012 * Social Worker - April 24th, 2012 * Dietician - May 1st, 2012 * Psych - May 1st, 2012 * Surgeon - August 17th, 2012 * PATTS - Sept. 12th, 2012 * SURGERY TEGH, Dr. Cyriac - October 16th, 2012

Starting Weight - 320 lbs   *   Current Weight - 178 lbs  *  Goal Weight - 165 lbs 

ToNewBeginnings
on 10/12/12 10:24 pm
Welcome!!! 
Lolabug
on 10/13/12 2:42 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13
 Thanks everyone!

Julia, good luck on Tuesday. Love to hear more about your experience.

i've been reading some older posts and realized I need to ask my doc for a referral for a current sleep study. My last one was more than 2 years ago! Time flies!
Most Active
Recent Topics