No more Quest Bars from LCG

Nathalie_Can
on 11/1/12 3:33 am

Well, I shouldn't say no more, but on hold....I went on Low Carb Grocer to place an order and so disappointed when I saw that the Quest Bars have been completely removed so I emailed the company and here's their reply:

Thank you for your email.  We are not selling any more Quest bars until
further notice due to certain ingredients used in the bar (lo han guo and
Stevia) are not approved ingredient to be used in food products in Canada
(yet), and we have been requested by CFIA to stop selling this line of bars.
We believe all importers of these bars have received the notice from CFIA to
do the same.

This is not to say that the Lo Han Guo and/or Stevia are not safe to use,
just that it has not (yet) been approved for use as food ingredient in
Canada (Stevia is an approved Sweetener to be sold on its own in Canada).
From what I understand, Stevia will be approved as food ingredient in Canada
soon, but no words yet on Lo Han Guo

It was just to give a heads up to those who order them.

Hope everyone had a good Halloween!

Nathalie

~Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you really wanted!~    

kellybelly333
on 11/1/12 3:51 am - Toronto, Canada

Yep! I was surprised when I went in there last weekend to find them all cleared out :-(

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

lovabutterfly
on 11/1/12 6:27 am
Could you not get them mailed to from here? What about ebay..... this is just my brain a smoking lol

Nathalie_Can
on 11/1/12 10:49 pm

mailed from where?  not sure I understand...lol

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 11:17 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Nathalie I just asked Quest in the US if they ship to Canada and here is her reply.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Jessica: Thank you for your interest in Quest Protein Bars. We can absolutely ship to Canada. Additionally, if you order 6 - 10 boxes we have a $14.95 flat rate shipping. There will be a place to select which country you would like to ship to in the website's ShoppingCart Checkout.

Jessica: However, international orders can be tricky as customs rules vary widely from country to country. While we can ship to virtually any country, as of now, we can only guarantee delivery to addresses in Canada, UK, and Australia for this reason.  We apologize for this inconvenience, but this is just the reality with international shipping issues. We would just like for all our international customers to understand that the customer is fully responsible for anything to do with customs, taxes, tariffs, or any other costs which may incur and we cannot issue a refund for any inability to receive the package after we have sent it out.

Nathalie_Can
on 11/1/12 11:29 pm

I already checked that website but shipping was nuts but now that I know that flat rate deal, it's a big bonus and I'll order...I emailed LCG and she's selling me one last time, but now at this US price, even with the exchange, it'll still be cheaper.

Thanks a bunch Tracey!!!

lovabutterfly
on 11/2/12 2:10 am
Yes, that's what i meant is from the U.S. glad you got it worked out......i hate when i find something i love only to realize it's been discontinued UGH!

Most Active
Recent Topics