Feeling like a bag of lard!

Kristina1987
on 11/7/12 12:06 pm - Canada

Well I am just on here to vent about how ****ty I am feeling this last little while.
I had my GB 16months ago and I have lost 125lbs which is great! But the mind plays funny tricks and the days differ tremendously one day I feel thin the next I feel like a rhino but happening more so lately. My eating for the most part is under control and if I feel out of control I go back to my protein shakes and cutting carbs... My weight typically fluctuates 5-7lbs from 158 to 165.... which I suppose isn't so bad.... could be and has been worse...

However this time last year I was die hard going to the gym and come summer I kind of fell off the bandwagon as life got a little more hectic and I haven't gotten back into it... But I think it is time! I feel tired, run down, and I feel a lot bulkier then I am use to feeling over this past year.... all my clothes still fit nothing has changed perhaps my mind is playing tricks on me, and winter blues is trying to over crowd my knoggen... *****ally knows...

I am going to try the gym for the next week or so and see if I can turn my head around and get back up in spirits... this is kickin my toushy!

Thanks for reading.

Karen M.
on 11/7/12 12:33 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Honestly? Don;t give up on yourself.  This whole thing is HARD, I don't care what anyone else says. Be so proud of where you came from and build on that.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

P_Floyd
on 11/7/12 2:28 pm - Canada

So I guess it's where you go from here, right?

You seem to know what to do, protein shakes, cut the carbs, vitamins. That must mean that's it you head playing these games with you. Get moving and your body will feel better, but you're going to have to figure out what it is that makes you feel bad mentally. Then, in general terms, go stomp the living crap out of it. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

Ottawa34
on 11/7/12 3:12 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I feel exactly the same... I've been off the proverbial wagon for the past 3 mos. Having a hard time finding my way back, everyday is a work in progress. 

We can find our way through this, just need to get back to basics :)  

Good luck. 

Amy

Amy   
Submission for surgery -  October 2009            Info session - Jan 2010 
Nut & RN & behaviourist appt - Sept 2010          Follow up NUT appt - Jan 2011
Surg
eon appt - Jan 2011                                     RNY - March 4th, 2011 

Patm
on 11/7/12 9:56 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We have had a wet dark month. Today is full of sun and promise. Try to get moving while you are motivated. Hopefully this will help with your moods and energy

niceeyes72
on 11/8/12 1:16 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

You can and will do this!!! IT is always harder to start something but I find once you get there is feels great.... Kick some butt!!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

ShallowGirl
on 11/8/12 11:34 am, edited 11/8/12 11:34 am - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

I would be more active.  Just moderate activity.  

My ebike, I luv it, every day on the ebike is a good day (even in this freakin' weather).

When my body is performing (like getting me somewhere I need to go, via walking or whatever) I am so much more proud of it - and not constipated - and just generally feel like things are as they should be in the world.

I only do moderate activity.  I have tried intense stuff before and I give up.  So my motto is easy exercise, regularly.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics