New medical program at Guelph Bariatric Centr

one-last-chance
on 12/17/12 7:42 am - Teeswater, Canada

Does anyone know any thing about this program I am really hoping to get in.

to info session Guelph in Nov 2012

appointment with NUR/SW/NUT Dec 2012

zillah
on 12/17/12 9:05 am

I will be going to Guelph for Orientation Jan 3, if i hear anything about a new program then I can post it.  I did hear that the centres in ont. were going to be more unified with their approach to diet after surgery etc.  but this isn't verified info.

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/17/12 9:14 am - Windsor, Canada

More than likely a weight management program where users have weekly weigh ins and possibly use optifast.  Windsor is getting one too. 

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Jayme34
on 12/17/12 9:44 am - Canada
RNY on 03/13/13

The program uses optifast, it consists of weekly meetings in guelph for weigh in and support. The meetings are covered by OHIP and you have to buy your own optifast. It is basically physician supervised optifast with a nutritional component to gradually wean you off the optifast and institue healthier eating while slowly returning to a regular diet.

Guelph Registry July 17,11, Orientation July 27,2012, First appts with Rn,Sw and Dietician on August 14,2012, second appointments on Oct 24 , post op diet class on nov.20 Meet Surgeon January 28/2013 SURGERY - March 13/2013 with Dr. Jules Foute Nelong   

Megan M.
on 12/17/12 7:58 pm - Canada

Thunder Bay has one as well.  Don't know much about it, but I think it's a supervised liquid diet. Not sure what product they use.  I suspect all the centres are offering this now as an alternative to surgery.

Had RNY surgery July 22/11, St. Joe's Hamilton, with the awesome Dr. Scott Gmora.  Had abdominoplasty August 2/13, Scarborough, with equally awesome Dr. Michael Kreidstein.

Most Active
Recent Topics