Remembering Lucie

DS Facts
on 12/29/12 12:29 pm

In memory of Lucie.

Image Ref: 05-04-51 - Candle, Viewed 55749 times

Hard to believe January 3 will mark 5 years since Lucie's passing from complications due to infection. Her life and death is permanently tied to my weight loss journey. She was the first person to welcome me to the forums. Her surgery date was on my birthday. I think about her every Christmas, remembering she went into hospital on Christmas Eve, right about the time I found out I was approved for surgery. I will never forget her two young children. I will never forget her loving husband's support of her decision to have surgery and acceptance that tragic cir****tances sometime happen; his words moved me, he understood and conveyed better than anyone I know the struggle we all face in deciding to have surgery, the risks we accept and hearing him say that they were so certain of the decision that given the choice again they would probably make the same one. As a pre-op, his words reassured me.

I'm grateful for my good health and new lease on life and I wanted to take a moment to remember her.

mermaidoz
on 12/29/12 12:53 pm - Canada

I remember Lucie's death.  It was just before I had my RnY and had me scared, although my surgeon has one of the lowest death rates  ( only one or maybe two, memory fails, early on in his "open surgery" days...he had done over 4000 surgeries by the time I was done laparoscopically!)....Of course I sailed through surgery with no complications...but I remember Lucie!

P_Floyd
on 12/29/12 1:24 pm - Canada

I never knew Lucie, my condolences on the loss of your friend. Thank you for posting this and remembering Lucie. 

Long you live and high you fly 
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry 
And all you touch and all you see 
Is all your life will ever be.

DSOTM

tango123
on 12/29/12 4:39 pm
I never knew her but she is OH family..hugs
narhik
on 12/29/12 8:37 pm - Ontario, Canada

I think about Lucie often too as she had passed away just before my surgery. I often wonder how her family is doing. She has always had an impact on me as well. Can't believe it has been 5 years already.

Kerry

Diminishing Dawn
on 12/29/12 10:17 pm - Windsor, Canada
Thanks so much for this post Bev. I remember lucie as well. Every once in a while there will be something that makes
Me think of the people we have lost on this forum over the last 7 years that I've been here. I think I can count about six or seven of the them off hand. It's something that reminds me how lucky we are - those of us who have flourished after wls.

I am thinking of these people today and it's very sobering but also gives me a sheet sense of gratitude. I needed that.

Nice to see you post as well.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

lilviolet
on 12/30/12 12:26 pm - Canada

I have a friend who passed away after having the surgery a little over 6 years ago.  I believe she was part of this forum.  Her name was Christine.  She's the one who helped my husband track me down after we'd met for the first time.  He took her passing hard which is why I put off having the surgery for so long. 

KathC
on 12/30/12 9:19 pm
So very sad, my condolences to the families and friends of these beautiful people,

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Most Active
Recent Topics