I am nervous and cant stop wondering will I be ok ???

seebs
on 1/4/13 11:25 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

I am so nervous ... I feel like I can keep reminding myself that I have done what I need to do, following Opti to a T .... clearing out my house of the "bad stuff" knowing that life will be very different after the surgery but most importantly I will be healthy and not burnt out and exhausted at 34..... but I am so worried that I will have the surgery and fail.

What if I don't get past loving food ....  I left work today and thought ahhhh the weekend.  I want to go home put my pj's on and eat .... eat..... eat .... pizza or some take out its like all I could think about .... so I stopped and called my mom .... friends called and said we will pick you .... come out for a drink ??? I declined ...  .... tonight I sulked I said I want food ... I want to taste the food and keep thinking when is my brain going to say your not loving those foods anymore ... you love low fat high protein and low card lifestyle.

I read the good stories and the bad stories but mostly I think what will happen to me ?

I really want this to be the tool that will help me forever !!!

What can I do between now and January 10th when I have the RNY with Dr Reed ?

Is this normal to think this way ?

Frustrated with everything right now and don't know what the answer is ... I really need someone to reassure me this is normal and then what did you do when you were in these shoes ?????

seebs        

JJ_
on 1/4/13 11:38 am

You will retrain yourself to make new decisions in relation to food.  If you are experiencing any further stress about it, you could make an appointment to see the behaviourist to discuss your feelings and look at strategies to deal with your feelings and behaviours.

All the best next Thursday !!

Judy

seebs
on 1/4/13 11:43 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Thank you Judy I appreciate your reply :)

seebs        

starry957
on 1/4/13 11:47 am

I've flipped and flopped too Seebs.....I feel like it would be MORE concerning if we DIDN'T have these worries and concerns.  We're about to embark on a lifestyle change - with all of it's ups, downs, sideways, etc......it's the unknown after that is difficult.

I pray, and drink water, and focus on the preparations for next week!

Best wishes on your surgery next week!

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

seebs
on 1/4/13 11:50 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Thank you ... I needed that ... I will be thinking of you too and can not wait to hear about how your doing ... I wish you well on your surgery and a pain free recovery !!!!

*Hugs*

seebs        

Leslie W.
on 1/4/13 11:52 am - Cobourg, Canada

One of the first amazing things post RNY was that I wasn't hungry. If anyone had said food would be the last thing I would want would not have believe them. It took a good 6 months before I even thought I wanted to eat. Your fears are perfectly normal and we all had or have them.

I have been so happy with the benefits (heath and energy) of my RNY I don't feel deprived. Now I find I can have the occasional treat but am satisfied with a mouthful or 2.

Life is good.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
seebs
on 1/4/13 11:55 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Leslie,

Bless your heart .... your so kind and I really appreciate your reply .... I feel a lot better :)

seebs        

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 12:04 pm - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

What your feeling is totally normal. It is a very emotional time right now and your mind is in a turmoil. Just remember all of the reasons you wanted this in the first place. Nothing has changed. You will feel so different once those pounds start coming off.

anewstart
on 1/4/13 12:19 pm - Canada
Seebs, i am 6 weeks post op and believe me when i say i felt the same way. But also believe me when i say you will b so happy to be able to just chew and eat . That junk food does not even cross your mind. Your just glad to be chewing after so long. Goodclick with everything
Riley Sanders
on 1/4/13 4:32 pm - Canada

I felt the same way and I have to say two things that i know to be true.   One is that you will not be hungry after surgery for a bit.. secondly because you are not hungry you do not get those craving.  I know that before if i waited to long to eat or something like that i would instantly crave junk.

Also so far for me i have found that I am not a dumper and over christmas and friends being home I have been tempted and even indulged once or twice in food that isnt on the diet plan.  If you are not a dumper you still can but I have found I have not been overly tempted have only done it when I have been in social situations like ending up out for dinner somewhere. It is not the end of the world and the amount I have been eating of any of the bad food is miniscule.  Also I found I do not crave junk I actually crave protein.. All I want is chicken 

Most Active
Recent Topics