It's been 5 years!

Yvonne B.
on 1/7/13 3:06 am - Oshawa, Canada

Although I check the forums on OH once in a while, I haven't posted in ages. So, where I am now with my weight loss adventure? I am currently 154 but trying to drop about 10 lbs (I was 283 lbs five years ago). My surgeon wants to see me between 140 - 150 lbs. My life has changed dramatically. I'm more active, smile more, am more social and have made many new friends.

About two years ago, my weight was up to 170 - not good. I tolerate most foods now and had slipped back into some bad habits. I got back down to about 158 - 160 and that's where my body stayed for a while. The lightest I went after my DS was 127 which was far too light for me. I'm trying to get to 140 - 145 and have recently started a wheat-free diet which seems to be helping, not just with the weight-loss but overall wellbeing. Wheat Belly is a good read for anyone that has a gluten allergy or just wants to learn more about how wheat products affect our health.

And, for the first time in about 25 years, I started turning heads. : ) Attention from men was something I was uncomfortable with at first and still feel awkward about sometimes. I have heard from several other WLS people that some women just go nuts with the dating scene when they reach goal. Well, if anything, it has helped to increase my self-confidence, and it's feels good to have someone special in my life again.

Three years ago, I took up competitive fishing! It's a great sport which very few women are involved in. I also do seminars on teaching the basics of fishing to women and children to encourage them to get outdoors and enjoy this awesome family activity. You can look me up on www.nationalprostaff.com to see the various tournaments, trips and events I've been involved with. I would have never imagined myself doing these things when I was obese.

I've posted some new pics and I think I'm smiling in all of them. And yes, I know there's a lot of me with fish : ) Cheers!

Patm
on 1/7/13 3:10 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thank you for posting. As someone only about one year out I love to hear from people who have been there.

Congrats on your new found confidence and fishing.

NorthernStar
on 1/7/13 3:24 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Thanks for posting! You have done great, I love reading vets success stories

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Vi-Vi
on 1/7/13 3:24 am
VSG on 12/13/12

Wow looking good!  I'm really happy you brought your weight back down I'm sure it wasn't easy!  Love the fish! You can't get most women to hold a fish let alone kiss it!   Lol and to have a job you love!  Lucky you.

Keep up the hard work!

Sylvie

HW: 352.6.  Opti wt: 331,   Surgery wt: 308. CW: 190.4

Don't trade what you want most, for what you want at the moment!!   --Eggface

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/7/13 5:51 am - Windsor, Canada

Wonderful post! Nice to see you!! Always great to see another long-timer!

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

AllaP
on 1/7/13 6:07 am - Vaughan, Canada

You look awesome! And love the fish. I wish I was your neighbor.

Alla.

Hannahmumma03
on 1/7/13 6:35 am - Oshawa Ontario, Canada

Hi Yvonne glad to see you post and hope to see you at the support group tomorrow in Whitby.....I should be there too!:)

Christie

Referral August 18th 2011               Orientation Dec 7th 2011
SW Jan 12 2012                                  Nurse Jan 12 2012
Nut. Class Feb 8th 2012                  Psych  May 16th 2012
Dietician May 16th 2012                   Meet The Surgeon Sept 21 2012
PATTS: November 19th 2012           Surgery: November 29th 2012

My Angel is: Brenda T. 

Moselle
on 1/7/13 7:35 am - Athens, Canada

You look amazing.  Thank you for sharing your journey with us.  It's good to hear about the regain and about taking control of the situation and getting yourself back on track.  I wish you continued success and I'm certain that with your winning attitude that you will get to your goal weight.

Loved the photos! I hope you don't stay away so long next time.  Take care.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out." -Robert Collier
Join Kingston Ontario WLS Support Group - Online @ OH 

HW: 267         SW: 248       GW:155       LW: 132      CW: 143-148      

Yvonne B.
on 1/7/13 10:47 am - Oshawa, Canada

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I am planning to go to the meeting tomorrow night, Christie.

ShallowGirl
on 1/7/13 1:56 pm - Richmond Hill, Canada
RNY on 06/22/12

Thanks for posting.  Good to see things from longer out.  I will pick up wheat belly as I became gluten intolerant post WLS surgery (and still can't really believe it).

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. Eleanor Roosevelt    

Most Active
Recent Topics