How do I know if I experienced dumping?

seebs
on 1/16/13 10:23 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

I know its different for everyone but if every time I have a half cup of broth and diluted apple juice and 1/4 cup of apple sauce (my clear fluid plan) I have diarrhea

Is that dumping ? How do you know and its just broth so how is it possible lol

Any experiences or advice is this normal ?

seebs        

Patm
on 1/16/13 10:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Dumping is sweats abdominal pain then explosive diarrhea

seebs
on 1/16/13 10:37 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

ok ok good ... i am just paranoid because I want to listen to my body and realize fullness and realize thirst its like starting over thanks for helping .

seebs        

Niki L.
on 1/16/13 10:29 am, edited 1/16/13 6:30 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/15/12
For what i have heard you will be sure to know

JJ_
on 1/16/13 12:45 pm

I have seen someone else have a dumping episode at our Coffee night when they drank something too sweet.  They had NO ENERGY, could not even stand by themselves.  We helped them over to the couch.  Their heart was racing and they were exhausted.  I went and got them water and we kept them hydrated to drown the sugar overload. 

Judy

SandpaperSandy
on 1/16/13 7:00 pm - Kitchener, Canada

until you start to eat solid, don't expect to have solid BM.   Liquid in, liquid out. 

remember that not everyone does dump.  only a small percentage of patients do.

the experience is different, but running to the bathroom alone, is not likely a sense of dumping

mermaidz
on 1/16/13 9:19 pm - Brampton, Canada

umm actually you can have formed stools even if you're only on liquids. It's how your body process's.

Seebs!! lol.. you're so funny.. The first time you "dump": you're gonna know it.. Your face goes white, you sweat, you abdoman i*****hing from the inside out, you wanna pass out and for sure you want to vomit.

and those are just the GOOD signs lol.

You'll know. It's a bit different for everyone. I personally only get nauseated and sweat but I'm sure if my body could go through with it I'd be RUNNING for the toilet!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

seebs
on 1/16/13 10:26 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13
Ok that's true ... I'm paranoid because I don't want it to happen but then this clear fluid stage is BORiNG !!!! I'm serious desperate .. I can't do chicken , beef , veggie broth on its own for lunch and dinner anymore it's making me gag I called the clinic they said Dr Reed said there is no other choice and it's important for me to stay on it ... I think I have to try other kinds and only have six days to full fluids !!!
Anyone one else on clear fluids !??? I'm getting the French onion one today and will strain it but I think broth and I are over in six days !!! It's just not working it's you BROTH not ME lol

seebs        

Karen M.
on 1/16/13 11:39 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Well yeah, you CAN do it. You signed up for this. Follow your plan.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

seebs
on 1/16/13 10:21 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13
Common sense .... Ahhhhaaaa that's what I have never been good at lol thanks that makes sense sometimes I think I'm paranoid lol

seebs        

Most Active
Recent Topics