Thyroid Update

Cindyloowho
on 2/4/13 5:03 am - London, Canada

As some of you may know, Fay from Guelph called me last Thursday and would have had me go to meet the surgeon this Thursday but that my Thyroid level was over 6 and the surgeons won't even look at you unless it is under 6.  So I couldn't go and see the surgeon and was put on hold until I had it checked and if it was still high then I would have to get it down before I could proceed......

Well I called my doctor today in hopes that the test results were in and guess what......the level is 1.08, it was at 6.2.  I figured that it would be down but she would not boo****il it was down.  So I called this afternoon and talked to Audrey and she is going to put me at the top of the list........so I don't get to see anyone this this week like I should have but she said that it might be on the 19th.  It is a lot better than a couple of months which is what I was thinking that it maybe.  So only 2 weeks behind everyone else. Which makes me happy and relieved that it isn't going to be to much longer.  

Thank you for the support and words of encouragement everyone.

Cindy

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Goal Weight - 145  Surgery Weight - 228  Current Weight - 132

KarenHope
on 2/4/13 5:07 am
RNY on 04/15/13

Wow Cindy, That is really good news. I am sure you are thrilled.

Referral Oct '11 Orientation Ottawa Dec 9 '11 NP June 25 '12 Sleep Clinic July 27 '12 

Tr to Kingston Aug '12  NP/SW/Nut Oct 1 '12 Pre-Op class - Dec 12 '12 Surgeon  Mar 4 '13    Surgery Apr 15 '13     

HW 304 CW 175 GOAL 150  

Cindyloowho
on 2/4/13 5:11 am - London, Canada

I was when she told me, I couldn't believe it.  I had all this negative stuff in my head going around so I am definitely ending my day on a higher note.  I am very glad.

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

TanyaLH
on 2/4/13 7:51 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

that's great news!

Kory !
on 2/4/13 8:05 am

Cindy that is great news, I am so happy for you!!

mermaidz
on 2/4/13 8:06 am - Brampton, Canada

YaY for you!

I thought being over by .2 was a bit STOOPID and that it wouldn't take much to shift it

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.  

Cindyloowho
on 2/4/13 8:36 am - London, Canada

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the support.  I know .2 was kind of crazy, when I talked to Audrey and I told her what it was over by .2 she was a little surprised that I wasn't sent through because of that and then have it checked again but didn't want to say to much I am sure because  they are people that she works with so I didn't take it further but she knew I was quite  anxious to move on and was really nice about it.  So hopefully I hear soon, but I was pretty happy after I heard that it was 1.08 I couldn't believe it, sure wish I knew before that it was supposed to be looked at again.  Hopefully someone else sees this and is sure that theres is down under 6 so it doesn't stall them.  As I have had it told to me "yet another learning opportunity"......yeh right I just wished I didn't have to learn it...lol

Thanks again everyone.  Cindy

Surgery - Mar 8, 2013             

Patm
on 2/4/13 9:38 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Glad it worked out. hope you get a date soon

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/13 10:17 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Glad to hear things are moving along for you.

Arlio1207
on 2/6/13 6:23 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

Hi Cindy, ok I didnt know that your thyroid count could affect your surgery? I too have hypothyroid....and mine has been stable for yrs. Until I cut out caffeine and diet pop. Now its all over the map. My meds were up'ed to 115MCG, then 125 mcgs 6 weeks ago. Well they called to tell me today my TSH is at 5.86. OMG I panicked because I am sure you said 6 or below is safe for surgery. This would explain why I have been so cold and tired the past few weeks. I thought it was just the lack of caffeine. So they up'ed me to 150 mcgs. I hope this brings my counts down. If you dont mind me asking, what dose are you on? I am 280lbs also. Thanks 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics