geting ready

RufusLynx
on 2/12/13 2:43 am - Canada

Hi folks... I'm starting Optifast March 26 with surgery three weeks later.

So, like many obsessive compulsive types :) I'm getting ready now.

I've been reading here and one of the issues I've seen is that many of you use SF syrups with Optifast. Is that allowed?  I assume it must be since so many of you do it.

So my question is, where do I get these syrups?  In reading here there are a couple of places mentioned:

The Low Carb Grocery
170 Esna Park Drive #8
Markham, ON L3R 1E3
(905) 752-1284
http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/storelocator.php

and

Low Carb Canada at 780 Birchmount rd in Scarborough, sell the DaVinci as well. 

From what I have been able to see, they sell the 750ml bottles, which I think is too much!  I just want to get smaller quantities to try them out. Do you know if these locations have smaller bottles?  Do you know a retailer that has smaller bottles?

Apparently there is a coffee place in the St.Lawrence Market that has SF syrups as well.. have any of you been there? Do they have the smaller bottles?

I can get the large 750 ml bottles here in Peterborough, but I'm planning a trip to Toronto soon and I would like to get a selection of syrups in small bottles when I'm there.

Thanks

Peter

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/13 2:48 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Sorry Peter, I only found the syrups at the Events Cafe at Kawartha Heights Blvd. They were the large size bottles.  

RufusLynx
on 2/12/13 2:51 am - Canada

Thanks Deb, I found them as well... I think I'll be going in to Toronto in a week or so, so if you want me to pick some up for you there, let me know.

Peter

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

RufusLynx
on 2/12/13 2:53 am - Canada
(deactivated member)
on 2/12/13 2:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Low Carb Grocery sells a few flavours in the 375ml size but the price is not much different than the 750 ml size.  I'd buy one or two flavours at mos and by the end of 3 weeks of Optifast they will be gone.  You end up using close to an ounce each shake so you get about 25 shakes out of the 750 ml bottle.  You can buy LorAnn oils in tons of flavours at Bulk Barn.  They are just tiny bottles but you literally need a few drops to add a ton of flavour and they are only a few dollars per bottle.  I like their grape and root beer ones the best.

RufusLynx
on 2/12/13 3:07 am - Canada

Good advice... thanks!

(deactivated member)
on 2/12/13 3:10 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

Oh great info. Off to Bulk Barn I go.

gardeninggal
on 2/12/13 3:22 am - Midland, Canada

I purchased the Torani sf syrups at Home Outfitters.  I did use them in the Opti but also they are great for other dishes too as you go along.  Best Wishes on your journey Peter.

Lolabug
on 2/12/13 4:50 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

I've read that Starbucks will also sell you the SF syrups as well.

Most Active
Recent Topics