Hotel at Humber

RufusLynx
on 3/11/13 12:07 am - Canada

From what I can see on Goggle Maps there are three hotels across Finch avenue, from HRRH.

Holiday Inn

TravelLodge

Comfort Inn.

I have heard they have a special rate for those of us having surgery... do any of you happen to know the rates?  Any tips on getting the best rate?

I figure I'll check in the day before my early morning surgery, and  I'll probably have to stay a couple or three days after I get released, in order to stay close by.  I live in Peterborough which is 1  1/2 hours from the hospital.

Thanks

Peter

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

jay_dee_767
on 3/11/13 12:25 am - Canada

I believe travelLodge is 79.99 per night!! But all of them are forsure under 90.00 per. night!

Hope this helps

Jason

Referral Recieved November 13/12  Orientation Nov.19/12 meet Dr.Klein and NUT Nov .26/12  , Meet the social worker and RN on Dec. 6/12 ,DR.Glazer Dec.13/12 Meet Dr.Klein and pick up optifast Jan.16th 2013 Patts Feb.19th,2013, Surgery March 5th,2013

Monica9811
on 3/11/13 12:35 am - Peterborough, Canada

Hi Peter!  We stayed at Holiday Inn Express for $100 a night...the rooms are nice and there is breakfast  each morning if you have a spouse staying with you.  I didn't stay after I was released becaue it was a Friday so I knew I could get back to hospital in just over an hour-we take 407.  The Travelodge was having renos done and a couple of my friends complained about no ho****er.  I think they paid $89 a night.  No idea what the Comfort Inn is.  If you book directly with the hotel you tell them  you are going to the hospital so they give you the best rate -also you can cancel any day up to 6pm -so if you feel good after your first night you may want to go home so can cancel.  Good luck!!

Cindyoe
on 3/11/13 5:33 am
RNY on 01/28/13
We stayed at the comfort in for around $80 per night. No complaints - wifi and free breakfast

Kingston RATC Referral March 4, 2012 - Sleep study August 20th, 2012 - RNY January 28 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH 

Starting Weight:  354           Surgery Weight:  334        

RufusLynx
on 3/11/13 5:37 am - Canada

Thanks folks.. I'll phone all three and we'll see,...

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

RufusLynx
on 3/11/13 6:15 am - Canada

Well that was an interesting bunch of phone calls...

All three put me hold/ignore right away....I hate that...

Holiday Inn   -  The person I spoke to was very polite and when I told her I was going into the hospital and wondered if they had a hospital rate" she asked be what I was going in for.!!!!!   I said for surgery. Then she said, we have two rates, one for bariatric patients and one for other surgery!!!   Amazingly intrusive questions! Why would a hotel do that??? When I told it was for bariatric surgery, she said, "Oh good, that's the best rate". She quoted me $89.99 plus tax and a room with 2 beds is no extra. I told I would call back with a reservation, and she wished me well with my surgery.

Travelodge  - At my first request, she quoted me $99.00 and then when I asked if that was her best rate she lowered it to $89.00. Rather abrupt, and obviously did not want to answer questions.

Comfort inn  -  Rude on the phone, when I told her what I wanted, she said she would transfer me to their central reservation system.  I hung up.

I stay in hotels all over Ontario and these three have to be the weirdest....

Anyhow, I'll be staying at the Holiday inn

Arlio1207
on 3/11/13 8:45 am - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

we stayed there fri night past, I had a sleep study and my husband stayed there until i got out at 5am, rooms are nice ,clean and comfy. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics