3 days til my Surgery........and Props for Premier Protein Shakes

Dar_Mab
on 3/16/13 2:59 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Great start!  And you are in the home stretch on Opti and the day of your surgery.    Congrats and best of luck!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

JEANFISICO
on 3/16/13 4:04 am - Canada

Hi I just got out of hospital today at 12 home by 1, I had Dr Starr on Thursday a revision, no complications, just pain under my rib and collar bone  which went away the day after its from the gas they pump into your abdomen to lift it up a bit so they can manoever the instruments inside.  I can hear the liquid going down and gurgling a bit in my stomach, and have little burps, then lots of gas, tooting all day and night.  The chicken soup taste like the chicken flew over the ho****er and dipped its toe in ,  the lemon jello is not bad, but you wont feel hungry.  I gained 4 lbs from the iv fluids.The bed was uncomfortable so get up and walk around as soon as you can.  You will have a monitor on your finger to measure your oxygen intake and that may be beeping and keeping you up all night, I was in a ward so we had several machines beeping all the time.  Hope I cheered you up a bit letting you know what you have to look forward to and how wonderful it is after a few days, feeling good, no pain, just a little tenderness and loving being home.  The nurses were great, a few, not mine were a bit sour, but maybe they were having a bad day and some were kind of loud, which can be annoying when you are trying to sleep, turning lights on and taking vital every 2 hours, but this is part of the journey, and all in the past  Congrats on the weight loss, Dr Starr will be pleased and hope everything goes as well for you as it did for me. 

a

Referral March 2012, Orientation October 2012, Dr Starr appt, Nov 15/12 Weight 310 lb, Gi series Nurse, dietician,SW Nov 29, Gastroscopy Dec 4,2nd Dr appt Dec 12, Dr Glazer and echocardiogram Feb 14, 2013, Optifast start Feb 21, pre-op February Feb 26, Surgery March 14, 2013

ovalspice
on 3/16/13 6:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Jeanfrisco!

Thanks so much for telling me about how the whole hospital stay went. That definitely makes me feel better and better prepared, know what to expect, etc. So glad you're feeling good now. I can't wait to taste that completely bland broth you've described LOL. Anything is better than this Optifast crap!!!!!!

I have semi private room coverage through my work benefits, so I really hope they have one available. Being in a ward must've been really really hard!! I'd probably ask for some meds to sleep cuz I"m a big baby lol).

I'll write an update when I get home on Wednesday!!

Cheers,

Andrea

Highest weight: 428lbs Dec/12: RNY surgery at HRRH March 18/13. Current Weight: 315lbs

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/13 5:49 am - Peterborough, Canada
RNY on 10/19/12

CONGRATS 22 pounds is awesome and 32 since December is great.  Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Yes the Premier Protein is great and premixed is wonderful to take out with you if you are on the go and have a busy day. Costco is also a good place for vitamins and calcium etc. I am hoping it will be a good shopping place too when I am low enough to fit in there clothes. 

Good Luck on Monday I am sure you will do great.

JJ_
on 3/16/13 7:35 am

Congrats on the weight loss!  That is a fantastic start.  I am sending prayers your way for surgery on Monday.

If you get too nervous on Monday, they have stuff to calm you down at the hospital :)  Yes, accept the drugs!  You paid for them with your taxes.

Judy

Most Active
Recent Topics