Looking For Advice, Suggestions Or Ideas......

time2changeme
on 3/23/13 2:05 am

I haven't posted in awhile, but I'm just looking for any advice anyone might have to help me out. 

I have still been issues with so many food intolerances, namely tuna, salmon, any kind of fish, chicken, turkey, 

and I have to wait to eat red meat until next month.  my proteins are pretty much limited to cheeses, greek yogurt

and peanut butter, beans once in awhile, l have a tried a few nuts, they seem to sit okay sometimes.   The only carbs that agrees with me are crackers most kinds are fine, but no luck with pasta, cereals,  rice or any kind of  breads. Vegetables that agree are cooked carrots and spinach, the rest don't sit well. The easiest  fruit for me to tolerate are raspberries. Water is still a no go for me too. SO i drink alot of herbal teas, chicken soup broth, mio, crystal light or juice diluted with water. 

I am only able to eat a max of 500 calories per day and often it doesn't all stay down. Whenever I try something new, I end up vomitting so much I get dehydrated so off to emerg I go for more IV and I am back to square one again.  I also have lower back pain.  I have tried eating slower and smaller amounts, but that hasn't helped.  I always wait at least half an hour between drinking my fluids and having my meals and snacks. I always take snacks with me that I know will agree with me when going out. 

I have been working closely with my dietition and see her often right now to try and figure out what we can do, as I am almost 5 months post op my surgery was October 25th. The dietition recently mentioned maybe I should get my gall bladder checked, so my family doctor sent me for some ultra sound and the results showed my gall bladder is packed with stones and my liver is enlarged. (before surgery the ultra sound on my gall bladder was fine) So yesterday I seen my surgeon again and he isn't sure taking my gall bladder out is going to resolve the issues I am having.  He has ordered an Upper GI and bloodwork for Tuesday and I will be seeing him with the results before I leave.  

If any of you have any ideas, suggestions or advice for me it would be very much appreciated! I am looking forward to adding some variety to my diet and having more energy.  It's great to see the scale going down, I have now lost a total of 174 lbs but it sure would be nice to get feeling better too! 

4-Jane
on 3/23/13 2:19 am - Canada

I don't think we need our gull bladder and f it's full of stones I'd be tempted to say get er gone , you have no doubt tried eggs but there was a reciept for wet eggs in the fall some time and maybe if you are drinking broth make turkey broth loaded with other good for you vegetables drain and drink.  Also can you try juicing some vegetables drink the juice watered down and add fiber to others food , I'm sorry things are not going better I hope things get better soon sending lots of positive energy..  

Respectfully Jane
time2changeme
on 3/23/13 2:24 am

Thanks Jane, Yes i have tried boiled, poached and scrambled eggs and they don't work for me at all, forgot to mention that.

I'm hanging in there, waiting patiently but l hope something helps soon!

4-Jane
on 3/23/13 2:37 am - Canada

Milk thistle herbal tea may also help your liver, is it enlarged because of the 174 pound loss and just working really hard to keep up with your body's weight loss, can you ask that ,  would they know? Have you tried egg bites or using egg and cheeses to create a pizza crust also I can't stress enough make your own broth it's plain but can be as healthy as you make it again best wishes for some healing soon

Respectfully Jane
time2changeme
on 3/23/13 1:14 pm

The egg bites and egg based pizza crust sound good, but no eggs for me!

Nanato2
on 3/23/13 3:12 am, edited 3/23/13 3:12 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I cannot offer any advise you are working with health professionals to investigate what is going on.

Sounds to me like there is something going on inside hopefully the upper GI will show something. 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

time2changeme
on 3/23/13 1:28 pm

Thanks for your reply Nanato your right.

Catw
on 3/23/13 4:16 am - Arnprior, Canada

I hope all the checks will help you sort this out.  In the meantime, how are you trying to eat the chicken & turkey?  Have you tried ground meat?  It's easier to digest than chicken breasts etc.  I found that with read meat.  Ground I was fine, but in chops and steaks, not so good.

Cathy

time2changeme
on 3/23/13 1:29 pm

Thanks for your advice Cathy,  yes I have tried both ground chicken and turkey.

Anastasia_Marie
on 3/23/13 4:37 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 11/20/13

I had a lot of the intolerances that you are explaining when I had issues with my gallbladder and liver a few years back. I would defiantly look into having them remove that. if it is full of stones you are in for an entire world of pain..

Most Active
Recent Topics