Oatmeal

RufusLynx
on 4/22/13 6:30 pm - Canada

Well, i suppose this is a trivial question, but I'm half way through my two week full fluids and I'm gonna try some oatmeal.

I bought some old fashioned rolled oats,, organic... i know they need to cook a bit longer, but my GW's Scottish background will ensure they get cooked right.

My question is, what can i put on the oatmeal? In the past i used milk and , of course, lots of brown sugar, or maple sypur.

Now, I'll use 1 % milk and what?  I don't want to use splenda or anything with aspartame or sorbital... Any suggestion?

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

Anna1963
on 4/22/13 7:07 pm - Meaford, Canada
RNY on 02/16/12

Hi there u can probably use unsweetened applesauce or get the sugar free syrup.  I hope this will help.

Tc

Anna

RufusLynx
on 4/22/13 8:56 pm - Canada

Ahah!  Sugar free syrup! Right.... I have some from when I was taking Optifast... I have some butterscotch... that should be good in oatmeal..

Thanks

Referred: August 8, 2012. - Referral to HRRH  Dr. Hagan Dec 20 - Surgery scheduled for April 16, 2013! Surgery completed and I`m doing fine!

Lori_Lee
on 4/23/13 5:55 am - Canada

Great post - my surgery is three (feeling like very long) weeks away and I was wondering the same.... I will remember this.   I just bought some cinnamon, that would be nice.

Lori Lee

TWH Orientation - Oct 17, 2012   SW - Nov 19, 2012   Nurse - Dec 12, 2012  Group Nutrition Class - Jan 14, 2013  Psychologist Feb 12, 2013  Nutrition March 15, 2013 Surgeon - April 5th (Dr Penner) Surgery May 16th 

mermaidoz
on 4/23/13 8:25 am - Canada
It has Splenda to sweeten, ...just so you realize since your post asked for ideas without artificial sweeteners...
mermaidoz
on 4/23/13 8:28 am - Canada
MuskokaMom
on 4/22/13 8:13 pm

Not sure if youre a coffee drinker but i replaced sugar and milk with a glug of coffee in my oatmeal and really love it. Hope it works for you. 

Elaine

RufusLynx
on 4/22/13 8:57 pm - Canada

Hmmm. I WAS a coffee drin****il the operation... I'm not sure I want to go back.... certainly not to decaf..

But I'll keep it in mind... thanks

Grammaof3
on 4/22/13 8:54 pm - Canada

I just eat it with the milk now! I also used to use brown sugar but tastes very good plain!

2mar
on 4/22/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 09/20/12

I put some brown splenda sugar in it - give that "brown sugar" taste that I love. Then I add 1 dried (cut up) prune and 1/2 banana. ( But I am a bit further out - 7 months). But when I was 2 weeks out I would do the same but without the dried prune and I would mash the banana ( and take less of course)

I tired to cook it with milk but because I take cut oats... it would always boil over... So I use water.

heart

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Most Active
Recent Topics