HRRH Complaints

EternalEx
on 5/8/13 4:47 am - Canada

I've read a few posts on here from people who have encountered really rude/disrespectful staff at the Bariatric Clinic at Humber. I myself have had some really poor experiences. I am planning to write a letter of complaint to the program manager, and would encourage anyone else to do the same. I'm very tired of the "god-like" complex that some of the staff have and it does a huge disservice to the other wonderful staff and surgeons at the clinic who do good work. Unless we the patients advocate for our care, nothing will change.

I think it's completely inappropriate for some of the staff to treat us patients as anything other than equals and dignified human beings. Why is it  that so many overweight/obese people tolerate being treated poorly? I've heard a few people say that they are afraid to say anything for fear of being denied for surgery - this is ridiculous. We should be demanding to be treated fairly, honestly and in a respectful manner without fear of reprisal.

Anyways, that's my rant for the day.

Here's the contact info:

Jhanvi Patel

416-744-2500 ext 2660

[email protected]

moniquesgettingft
on 5/8/13 6:28 am - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
I do agree with you since the front staff ( in my eyes) seem like they don't want to even be there let alone deal with people. Ill take their job any day and be grateful for having it. Plus the one Social Worker was a B that I dealt with and I can't remember her name.
I will join you in writing a letter!

Yes we all have to stand up for ourselves because the amazing surgeons that count on them to do their job and also make us not feel any worse then society has already made us feel need to hear this.

Thank you
Monique
sublimechick
on 5/9/13 2:03 am - Canada

YES!! I am sending my email from 2 months ago finally!! I do not know why I even waited

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

rayne23
on 5/8/13 11:51 am

I concur , one female in particular at the front office very young female and the dietitian takes the cake i think her name is Roshni.

I came so close to almost walking out and cancelling everything because of the way she spoke to me as if i was nothing.I know im fat and  thats why i am trying to change.

Corinna H.
on 5/9/13 4:05 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 07/03/13

OMG I had that dietitian and honestly....she asked me about juice - I said no I am not really a juice drinker. She said - that's not gonna fly after surgery. I said that I never drink it and if a dozen drinks were in front of me. I would never pick juice. So she just kept explaining that juice was not ok. blah blah. so I just gave in. I said, ok, good to know. lol so funny. Was she even listening to me?

HW: 293.4 SW: 261.4 CW: 161 Referral - Dec 5/12.  Orientation: Feb 21/13. Upper GI and Ab u/s March 7/13. RN, NUT, SW Apr 8/13. 1st appt Dr. Klein Apr 11/13. fu NUT May 2/13. Dr. Glazer May 27/13. 2nd appt Dr. Klein June 3/13. Opti June 19/13. PATTS June 20/13 . RNY - July 3, 2013   

moniquesgettingft
on 5/8/13 12:35 pm - Scarborough Ontario, Canada
We might be fat and need help to take this weight off but we are still human and usually much nicer then the ones who will never be able to truly understand what a day in life is like to walk in our shoes!
willowraine
on 5/8/13 12:48 pm - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13
After what happened to me today I just might be joining you in the complaint department, although no one was rude to me, there was still a major screw up that I am not happy about.

I had rescheduled my 3-month appointment that was supposed to be last week to today. I did this over a month ago. I arrive today and they don't have me scheduled.....it was for last week still. Today they can't see me because they are busy. I know it was for today because I clearly remember talking to the receptionist about the last appt and having to fast for the blood work (luckily I didn't fast). I told her there was no way I was coming back for my 3 month check up since I live an hour away and don't have a car, I had to rent one to get there, she didn't seem to care at all. Anyway I am pretty ticked. Since it was their mistake I feel they should have somehow squeezed me in, even if I had to wait extra long. I've worked in medical offices before and we almost always squeezed someone in if something like that happened, especially if they were coming from out of town.

So now I have to call and speak to the nurse to find out what blood work I need done so I can get my doctor to do a requisition. I also need to call and speak to the dietician because I have a few questions. I hate talking on the phone!

I wasn't going to try to get my file transferred back to Guelph but now I think I will.

Referral Aug/11, transferred to HRRH May/12, Orientation July 4/12, Surgeon July 17/12,     RD, SW  Aug 3/12, RN Aug 22/12, Dr. Glazer/Sleep Study Sept/12, Surgeon Nov 2/12, 1st surgery date (cancelled due to to sickness) Dec 13/12, Re-scheduled for Feb 6/13

debralight
on 5/8/13 12:53 pm - Canada

I'd suggesting sending letters, if you decide to send them,  to the Humber patient advocate and the president of Humber as well. Too easy if sent in the department for the letters to go nowhere.

Sometimes the best support  you can get isn't all purple puddles and pink rainbows.

funnelcloud
on 5/8/13 1:46 pm

Hi EternalEX,

The same kind of stuff goes on here in at the Ottawa Civic Hospital....(official title...The Ottawa Hospital Civic Campus) 

I had to report one nurse...who needed a major attitude adjustment.  After surgery we go into the ICU .... I had the nurse from Hell I call her Nurse Rachet from "ONE FLEW OVER A COOCOO'S NEST" .    I had VERTICAL SLEEVE BYPASS...they took out of my body  about 90% of my stomach.   When in hospital...the made me take my medications crushed...which was extremely painful to swallow...I was in alot of pain....  This RN (Witch) told me to stop crying...that "SHE HAD GIVEN BIRTH TO 3 KIDS AND THE LADY IN THE NEXT BED TO HER WHAILED JUST LIKE YOU!!"...  So I told her "OH YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE MIND OVER MATTER TYPES!"   She treated my pain like it was a joke. 

The Doctors kept me for an extra day....and who was on duty ...but the witch.  I woke up to her..snapping at me what do you want and YOU'RE GOING HOME TODAY!!.   GRRR so I didn't fight with her....but I got her...I reported her a week later to The patient Advocasey..  So if this witch ever treats patients like that again...I hope they complain about her too...so she's on file now!

And As for the Weight Loss Clinic that we are followed up by.... there are a few that are jerks in there too.... I stood up for myself on  tuesday...and said I did not want the HYPERACTIVE ..BEHAVIOUR MODIFICATION GUY....this guy before my surgery didn't want to hear what our group session had to say... he went on about what he was taking in university and that it was a waste of time.   like what does that have to do with our surgery?.....

The Advanced nurse practitioners I guess are okay... but no smiles on their face....

I liked the surgeons...they were nice....too bad we are not followed up by them.

Good for you  Eternal Ex.... I hope you get results.

God bless

Funnelcloud(Barb)

sublimechick
on 5/9/13 1:53 am - Canada

I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever come across my post a couple months ago? I went through the same thing with them. They treated me like a peice of crap then accused me of lying about an appointment! UNPROFESSIONAL!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/4616027/Receptionists-H RRH-WARNING/

I posted a warning to patients going there about these rude azz women.

They are getting paid to work with us and need to learn manners and respect which is pretty sad considering they should have learned it in kindergarten, and also that they have been getting away with it for some time.

Now that I see you are sending a complaint, I think I am ready to send mine. How about they get a bunch in a row from all of us and then maybe management will actually put a stop to these rude horrible people!!!!!!

Referral sent Sept 2012 -Info Session -January 7 2013.  Surgeon (Dr. Huynh-HRRH) February 5 2013. Dr. Glazer, Nurse, SW and NUT -> March 25 2013, May 1st, Surgeon, Patts-June 6. SURGERY JUNE 26 2013!! 100 lbs gone in 4 months!

Most Active
Recent Topics