New Post - Old Topic - HAIR LOSS

starry957
on 6/30/13 11:34 am

I know I know....this has been discussed a million times....but I do, in fact, forget when others noticed the hair loss slowed/stopped and when the REGAIN of hair begins!.....I mean, I'm enjoying that it takes me about 1/2 the time to do my hair now...(good thing I had lots to start with), but, just wondered what others' experiences were on this?

Thanks!

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

gonna_B_thinner
on 6/30/13 2:07 pm

I am wondering about that too......from what others have said they start losing about 4 months but they don't say when it starts to re grow.  i am still pre op and the hair loss is the one thing that scares me the most.  i am not even kidding.....I have very thin hair now and have already started to take Biotin to try to help now and will continue if I am able to get the surgery.  I don't know if it is helping or not but I haven't seen as many hairs on my clothes lately. 

JJ_
on 6/30/13 6:41 pm

Hi Kerry,

Personally I noticed the loss starting about month three post-surgery with months 4 and 5 as the worst of it.  Then by month 8 the hair loss slowed to a more normal rate.  Then I noticed smaller hairs growing.  Since I had my hair layered to provide a bit of fullness, the shorter hairs were not as noticeable.  I then regrew my hair all the same length (except for bangs).

My hair looks fine now.  I did not experience any baldness, just not as thick head of hair.

Judy

NorthernStar
on 6/30/13 10:17 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12
It started happening about month 4 and was the worst that month and month 5. It started slowing after that but didn't stop until about month 10. Now I'm one year out and my hair is finally starting to comeback in.

It was really hard for me since my hair was fairly fine to begin with.

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Arlio1207
on 6/30/13 11:24 pm - Belleville , Canada
RNY on 04/04/13

I am 11 and half weeks out and my hair is starting to fall out (it has been for like 2 weeks). I notice mostly in the shower or when I bru**** after when it is still wet. I have layered curly hair so I am hoping it wont be too noticeable to others. I am taking biotin, some swear by it, others say it does nothing...as a former hairstylist.....I have seen crazy things with ppl and their hair, so I am willing to try the biotin and hope it promotes new hair growth.  I was told their is really nothing we can do about it, Hopefully re growth is in the future. 

Arlene enlightened

Referred June 26, 2012, Orientation Nov 7, Nurse Nov 19. Dietician and Psychologist Nov 21, Dietician #2 Jan 4, 2013, Final Nurse Jan 24, Meet surgeon Feb 20th, Pre Surgical class Mar 6th, Dr Glazier March 7, PATTS March 7, Surgery April 4th !!!!!

LittleMiss2013
on 7/1/13 12:58 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I haven't even HAD surgery yet and for some reason my hair has started falling out ...like a LOT. Received an email from the nurse saying all my blood tests came back good....except my vitamin D and that I should start taking 6000 UI of vitamin D per day. So maybe that's why I am having the hair loss.....maybe upping your vitamin D will help?

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics