SURREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anniechanging
on 7/4/13 2:46 am

OMG I really cannot believe this transformation!!!  I have lost 97 lbs since Nov. 1st, and am 6 lbs below my revised lower goal!!!  This is totally surreal.  I never thought in a million years that I could weight 132 lbs, and still be losing.  It's crazy, wonderful, and thrilling.  I am in the "normal" BMI range.  Amazing!  I think I could actually get to an even 100 weight loss soon - that's insane!

A few months ago, I was ecstatic to get into size 12 jeans (I was wearing size 22 pants last fall).  This past weekend I bought a pair of jeans that are size 4 (!!!!!!!) and several other pants in a size 6.  Me, in a size 4 !?!?!  WTF??  Everyone at work has been so incredibly complimentary.  Every day people say that they just can't believe the change in how I look, and my new happy, glowing demeanour.  They seem as freaked out as me.

Does the hanging, wrinkly skin on my thighs and arms gross me out?  Of course.  Does my flabby butt disgust me?  Sure it does.  But what a difference to now live in this body (and head space) versus the former body and mind when I was morbidly obese.  The constant (and I do mean constant) degrading, vile self-talk in my head of how much I hated and loathed myself, and how pathetic I was because I wasn't able to control my eating has stopped.  That's a huge relief. 

I now wake up every morning and instead of thinking "How can I possibly make it through the day looking and feeling like this?", I now do a quick physical check to make sure I haven't dreamed it all.  Once I've reassured myself that this is, in fact, my new reality, I am ready to face the day's challenges.

My energy level is through the roof.  It's certainly due to carrying around a lot less weight, but also, it's a mental thing, and I'm eating SO DAMN HEALTHY!!! 

This surgery was one of the BEST decisions I have ever made, and I am so incredibly thankful.  I just hope that I have the fortitude and resolve to maintain this for the rest of my life.  I've wasted too many decades already, and need to make up for lost time.

Patm
on 7/4/13 2:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Great post. Glad it is working out for you. You have obviously worked really hard to get to where you are. I wish you continued success

kristaeb
on 7/4/13 2:57 am

Annie, thank-you soooo much for this post... Congrats to you , you are a inspiration to me...I am 8 days post op and i love reading how people are doing...I keep thinking , my god Christmas is 6 months from my surgery ,and i am soooo excited to see where i am at that point... You have done amazing and sound o happy ad HEALTHY. i was telling my husband last night how i cant wait to eat HEALTHY..Please keep posting ,and thanks again... Continued success is what i wish for you...kiss

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Bellafeega
on 7/4/13 3:00 am - Toronto, Canada

This is wicked wicked wicked news! I love this and I'm so so happy you're so so happy! Congrats angel!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: April 30th 2013  Orientation:  May 27th 2013   Meet Dr Huynh: June 4th 2013

RD and RN: June 5th 2013  SW: June 11th 2013   Dr Glazer: July 3rd 2013  2nd Meeting with Dr Huynh: July 18th 2013  SW: July 18th 2013 Sleep Test: July 16th  Follow Up With Dr Glazer: July 22nd 2012  Patts: July25th Surgery: August 7th 2013!!!!!!!!!

Monica M.
on 7/4/13 3:01 am - Penetanguishene, Canada

congratulations!!! you are exuding positivity and joy, and i love that!!!

TanyaLH
on 7/4/13 3:02 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

Amazing!!! Congrats to you angry

Tanya

iamalittlemouse
on 7/4/13 3:22 am

Congrats to you!  kiss

reliena
on 7/4/13 5:08 am - Toronto, Canada
VSG on 05/06/14

Congratulations!!! These are my favourite kinds of posts. It's the inspiration for people like me experiencing delays in the process to keep on trucking! I can't wait until I can be in your shoes! Enjoy the ride :)

MadMax1010
on 7/4/13 7:39 am - Collingwood, Canada
RNY on 02/06/13

That's awesome!, congratulations!

BoomersMom
on 7/4/13 8:09 am - Canada

Thank You for your post.

Congratulations !!!

You are such an inspiration to all of us.

Hugs,

Brooke

Most Active
Recent Topics